This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I have a recipe for DIY bath salts that you are going to love! Plus, I made a free printable jar topper that makes these a super cute teacher gift idea. However, you can use this DIY bath salts recipe for other things as well. Just vary the scent of essential oils and make gifts for a wide variety of occasions. I really do think this is the best DIY bath salts recipe around!
Supplies needed to make essential oil bath salts:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 4 drops orange essential oil (change the scent to vary the recipe)
- Mason jars (the mini ones I used are found here)
- Free printable orange tags (click here to print)
- Card stock
- Printer and ink
- Bath and body colorants (optional)
DIY Bath Salts Video
Want to see just how to make these DIY bath salts? Just follow along with the video below!
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Just follow our instructions below!
The Best DIY Bath Salts Recipe
- Mix 1 cup Epsom salts with 1 tablespoon baking soda.
- Add in 4 drops orange essential oil and mix well. You can add more or less oil if desired. You can also change up the scent of the oil here for more variations on this recipe.
- Optionally, you can mix in some bath and body colorants to change the color of your bath salts. I omitted this step.
- Add the bath salts to a mason jar to give as a gift. One recipe makes three of these small 4 oz jars.
- Print the free printable “orange you glad it’s summer” tags on regular copy paper or card stock.
- Then cut the tags out with scissors.
- Add the tags between the lid and band of the mason jar and then screw on each jar.
- Your jars are now ready to give as gifts! These DIY bath salts are perfect for giving as gifts to teachers at the end of the school year.
These cute little gifts are perfect for the end of the school year and they are inexpensive to make.
Teacher Appreciation Week is just around the corner so be sure to pick up the ingredients for these DIY bath salts soon!
So, will you use these essential oil bath salts to give as gifts for other occasions as well? Maybe some cloves or peppermint over the holidays? Or even some lavender for Mother’s Day.
This is the best DIY bath salts recipe so be sure to keep it on hand for all of those gift-giving emergencies.
Love these DIY bath salts and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Milk Bath Recipe with Coconut and Peppermint
- Make Your Own Bath Bomb in a Donut Shape
- Bath Salt Recipe: Essential Oils for Sore Muscles
- Peppermint Soap and Bath Salts Gift in a Jar
- Macaron Soaps DIY Gift Idea
Want to learn even more about making your own beauty products?
So, now that you have been bitten by the bug and want to make all of your own handmade beauty products, you may need a little more guidance. I have the perfect book for you!
I like to call this book the bible for making your own beauty products at home. Inside you will find more than 75 easy recipes for delightful bath bombs, along with other fun and luxurious bath products such as sugar scrubs, body butter, and bath jellies. It is perfect for adding luxury to your own bath or for making gifts for others. Be sure to add this book to your collection now!