This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I have a recipe for DIY bath salts that you are going to love! Plus, I made a free printable jar topper that makes these a super cute teacher gift idea. However, you can use this DIY bath salts recipe for other things as well.
Just vary the scent of essential oils and make gifts for a wide variety of occasions. I really do think this is the best DIY bath salts recipe around!
The Perfect Homemade Gift
Anyone that works hard and enjoys relaxing in a hot bath will appreciate these bath salts! They really do make the perfect homemade gift.
Not only are the super easy to make (and I even have a free printable label for your jars) but the smell divine too.
Give these as a gift to anyone – men and women alike – or just keep a few jars around for yourself.
Supplies Needed To Make Bath Salts With Essential Oils
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay more, however, a small commission will go to this site.
This is the list of supplies you’ll need in order to make the bath salts. All of the ingredients and step-by-step instructions are also in a printable card at the bottom of this post.
- Epsom salts
- Baking soda
- Orange essential oil (change the scent to vary the recipe)
- Mason jars (the mini ones I used are found here)
- Free printable orange tags (click here to print)
- Card stock
- Printer and ink
- Bath and body colorants (optional)
DIY Bath Salts Video Tutorial
Want to see just how to make these DIY bath salts? Just follow along with the video below!
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Just follow our instructions below!
How To Make The Best DIY Bath Salts Recipe
All of the exact instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
This recipe is so easy! With just a few minor changes, you can create an entirely different bath experience.
All you need is to make 1 cup of Epsom salts with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Then, add 4 drops of your favorite essential oil. I used orange because it matched my cute labels perfectly!
Other Essential Oils To Use
Essential oils have a variety of uses – especially in bath salts. Here are a few of my favorite combinations!
- Lavender & Vetiver – Use this to calm and relax and help with sleep.
- Peppermint – This is an invigorating aroma that will energize you and help calm an upset stomach.
- Eucalyptus & Tea Tree – This will help open up airways if you have a cough or some sort of cold.
- Peppermint & Rosemary – Soaking in a bath with these oils will relax and soothe sore muscles.
- Lavender & Lemon – This boosts your mood! It will also help ease stress.
Download The Free Printable Labels!
To really tie together this whole orange theme, personalize your homemade bath salts gift with a cute summer orange label.
Download the free labels here – Orange You Glad It’s Summer Labels!
Then, just print them out on cardstock and glue them to your mason jars. You can also print them out on adhesive labels or use a Cricut vinyl cutting machine.
The Perfect Summer Gift For A Self Care Day
These cute little gifts are perfect for the end of the school year and they are inexpensive to make.
Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect time to hand them out, so be sure to pick up the ingredients for these DIY bath salts!
So, will you use these essential oil bath salts to give as gifts for other occasions as well? Maybe some cloves or peppermint over the holidays? Or even some lavender for Mother’s Day!
This is the best DIY bath salts recipe so be sure to keep it on hand for all of those gift-giving emergencies.
DIY Bath Salts
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 4 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 3 Mason jars 4-ounce size
- 2 sheets Cardstock or Round Adhesive Labels
- Mix 1 cup Epsom salts with 1 tablespoon baking soda.
- Add in 4 drops orange essential oil and mix well. You can add more or less oil if desired. You can also change up the scent of the oil here for more variations on this recipe.
- Optionally, you can mix in some bath and body colorants to change the color of your bath salts. I omitted this step.
- Add the bath salts to a mason jar to give as a gift. One recipe makes three of these small 4 oz jars.
- Print the free printable “orange you glad it’s summer” tags on regular copy paper or card stock.
- Then cut the tags out with scissors.
- Add the tags between the lid and band of the mason jar and then screw on each jar.
More DIY Beauty Ideas
Love these DIY bath salts and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Milk Bath Recipe with Coconut and Peppermint
- Make Your Own Bath Bomb in a Donut Shape
- Bath Salt Recipe: Essential Oils for Sore Muscles
- Peppermint Soap and Bath Salts Gift in a Jar
- Macaron Soaps DIY Gift Idea
Want to learn even more about making your own beauty products?
So, now that you have been bitten by the bug and want to make all of your own handmade beauty products, you may need a little more guidance. I have the perfect book for you!
I like to call this book the bible for making your own beauty products at home. Inside you will find more than 75 easy recipes for delightful bath bombs, along with other fun and luxurious bath products such as sugar scrubs, body butter, and bath jellies. It is perfect for adding luxury to your own bath or for making gifts for others. Be sure to add this book to your collection now!