Did you know that you can use essential oils for sore muscles? I thought I would give you a bath salt recipe today that will help alleviate those aches and pains associated with sore muscles. If you have been working in the garden a little too much, this is definitely the recipe for you. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post as well for more mason jar ideas perfect for summer!
Bath Salt Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Epsom salts (I used one cup of Lavender and one cup of eucalyptus)
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 10 drops each eucalyptus, peppermint, chamomile, and frankincense essential oil (click here for more information on purchasing essential oils)
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- Food coloring
Mixing up your bath salts for sore muscles:
- Add Epsom salts to a medium sized bowl.
- Then add in citric acid.
- Add in all essential oils.
- Then add dried lavender.
- Add food coloring (you can skip this step if you would like).
- Give everything a good stir until well combined.
Then store in an air tight container until ready to use (a mason jar is perfect for this).
Using essential oils for sore muscles:
You can use this in the tub for sore muscles or in a large container to soak your feet. Keep a bit of these bath salts on hand at all times for when those aches and pains hit.
I personally think they would make a great gift as well.
Just tie on a ribbon and a faux lavender sprig for the perfect little gift idea.
Try using essential oils for sore muscles the next time your aches and pains hit. I think you will find that this natural pain reliever works wonders!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!