This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Your feathered friends will love this DIY mason jar bird feeder. Add it to your yard to enjoy those birds before they fly away for winter. It is quick and easy to make plus it looks great hanging anywhere in your garden. The only question is just how many of these bird feeders will you make?
Supplies needed to make this DIY mason jar bird feeder:
The links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Mason jar mug with handle
- Dowel rod
- 1 1/2 cups bird seed
- 1/2 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Heavy gauge wire
Want to see just how to make this project? Just follow along with the video below! You will find everything you need to know there.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? No problem! We have the full step by step instructions below.
- You are going to want to start by boiling the water in a small pan.
- Add the water to a large bowl and whisk in unflavored gelatin.
- Then add in syrup and mix well.
- Stir in flour with a spoon.
- Then add this mixture to your bird seed.
- Mix well with your hands incorporating as much of the bird seed into the flour mixture as possible.
- Add your mixture to the mason jar along with the dowel rod.
- Press it down really well into the jar to make a mason jar bird feeder.
- For hanging, you will want to add a piece of wire to the handle. Just wrap both ends around the handle until secure.
- Then just hang your DIY mason jar bird feeder in your backyard.
Pick up your supplies and make a few of these mason jar bird feeders for your backyard. It is not too late to enjoy your feathered friends before winter sets in.
You might even want to make some extras for gifts as I am sure your friends will love this idea as well.
I am off to watch the birds in my yard eat out of this fun DIY mason jar bird feeder!
Love this DIY mason jar bird feeder and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Beach House Bird Feeders
- Bird Seed Monogram
- Bird Feeder from a Mason Jar
- Fairy Garden with a Pool
- Bottle Bird Feeders
- Rope Anchor Nautical Art
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!