Add your own essential oil air freshener to any room with this quick and easy DIY idea. It is mason jar week around here so of course we added our version to a cute jar. This decorative air freshener will really look great in your room and release a sweet scent of your choice. This is also mason jar week so be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post and see what other fun mason jar crafts we have for you today!
Supplies needed to make essential oil air freshener in a jar:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, I do earn a commission from your purchase.
- Essential oil scent of your choice (click here to see how to buy essential oils cheaper)
- Small 4 oz mason jar
- Baking soda
- Cupcake liner
- Skewer or other pointy object
- Add ¼ cup of baking soda to a small jar with 5 – 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix this well.
- Put a cupcake liner on top of the jar in between the jar and band for the lid.
- Screw the lid down tightly.
- Use a skewer or other pointy object to poke holes in the cupcake liner.
Then just add this one to any room where you need an air freshener. The baking soda will help to absorb odors while the essential oil will add a sweet scent to the room. Shake the container a bit if you need an extra burst of fragrance. These are so cute that you can make up a bunch and scatter them throughout your home.
Love this essential oil air freshener and want more fun ideas for mason jars? You can see what our blog partners for this series have in store for you at the links below. You can also click here to see the projects from day 1 of our series.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!