This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
A fairy nightlight is a great addition to any kids room. This solar powered mason jar nightlight is easy to make with your Cricut machine as well. I added a fairy to one and a unicorn to another. You can mix it up and add any design you want to the front of your mason jar. Then let the light shine in!
Supplies needed to make a fairy night light:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Pint-sized mason jars with at least one smooth side
- Solar powered mason jar lids
- Frosted glass paint
- Holographic vinyl
- Cricut machine (click here to see which is my favorite)
- Fairy file (click here to access)
- Unicorn file (click here to access)
Fairy Mason Jar Video
Want to see just how to make this fairy nightlight on a video? Just watch below!
Can’t watch or missed some of the steps? We have instructions below as well!
How to Make a Fairy Nightlight
- Clean your mason jars well. I recommend rubbing alcohol then allow to dry completely.
- Paint the entire jar with one coat of the frosted glass paint and set aside to dry. You will want the paint to be completely dry before adding the vinyl so you might want to wait overnight.
- Download the files above and upload to your Cricut machine. You can see how to do that here. You can also add other files if you would like instead of the fairy and unicorn options. In fact, we have free unicorn SVG files here and a mermaid one here that might work!
- Size your design to fit your mason jar and cut the shape you like from the holographic vinyl. Then weed away all excess.
- Transfer the shape to your mason jar. You can use transfer tape if needed.
- Add the solar light to the lid and your fairy nightlight is ready for any room. Be sure to remove the tab from the inside of the lid so your light will work.
Will you add a mason jar night light to your child’s room? Just look at these jars when the lights are on!
They are super cute and add a little something just as is.
But when the lights go out the show really begins!
A fairy night light is something your child will love and they are so easy to make!
Plus with the solar lid, they turn on as soon as it gets dark! No switch required!
Make a fairy nightlight soon as everyone will love these gorgeous solar powered mason jars!
You might even need to make one for your bedroom as well.
Love this fairy nightlight and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Mason Jar Gift Ideas with a Fairy Garden Top
- Fairy Lantern in a Mason Jar
- How to Make a Fairy Garden with a Pool
- Spring Wreath Ideas: A Fairy Garden on Your Door
- DIY Mason Jar Fairy House
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!