This flower pot lighthouse is so fun to make and perfect for any type of garden! Choose any color you would like for a whimsical and bright addition to your home. A fun DIY craft that is super fun and easy with minimal supplies!
Want even more inspiration? Check out this amazing diy clay pot lighthouse and light up the entire garden!
Make Your Own Flowerpot Lighthouse
Super affordable with very few steps, this easy craft project is perfect for your outdoor garden, backyard, front porch, or outdoor lounge area! The best part? This lighthouse craft makes is the perfect option for gift-giving!
Some links below may be affiliate links which means you don’t pay anymore.
- Terra cotta pots. You’ll need various sizes for this project: three that fit together, two saucers for the top, and one small pot for the very top. Fit everything together in the store before purchasing!
- Glass dome. The geometric-faceted version shown in the photos is our favorite.
- Outdoor paint
- A paint brush
- Epoxy or clear glue that is good for outdoor use
- One battery operated candle : You could even try a solar-powered light!
Note: You can also find most of these items at your local hardware or garden store.
How to Make Your Flower Pot Lighthouse
This flower pot lighthouse is seriously so easy! You’ll love this enjoyable craft for when you’re looking to transform your outdoor area.
Step 1: First, start by painting your flower pots in the color of your choice (I chose blue). They may take two to four coats before they’re completely covered!
I used two colors for my flower pots. It’s fun to get creative with the color schemes!
Step 2: Next, glue the top pot to the saucer with the clear glue or epoxy. Add the glue in about four individual spots leaving gaps in between. This will allow any water to properly drain.
These top two pieces should be glued together; however, they should not be glued to the glass dome. You want to be able to lift them on and off like a lid to manipulate the candle. You’ll want to make sure you have easy access to it!
Step 3: Glue the rest of the pieces together in a stack as shown below. Finally, allow everything to dry completely before moving outdoors.
Step 4: Once you have moved your light outdoors, turn on the battery operated candle for a fun touch in your garden. If you’re using a solar powered light, then make sure you’ve charged your energy source with the sun.
How to Use
Ready to light up the garden? Just place in the area you’d like for the lighthouse to be, then watch it illuminate the entire area! If you make more than one, you can use them to light a path throughout your yard or walkway.
Love this clay pot lighthouse craft? Try the Links Below as Well!
- Beach-Themed Tray
- DIY Tiered Planter Pots
- Camper Birdhouses
- Terra Cotta Solar Lights
- How to Paint Stones
Want to print the instructions for making these DIY lighthouse flowerpots? You can use the card below!
- Start by painting your flower pots in the color of your choice. They may take two to four coats before getting complete coverage. Allow the pots plenty of time to dry before moving outside.
- Glue the top pot to the saucer with a clear glue. Add the glue in about four spots leaving gaps in between. This will allow for any water to drain.
- Those two top pieces should be glued together however they should NOT be glued to the glass dome. You want to be able to lift them on and off like a lid to work your candle.
- You can glue the rest of the pieces together in a stack. Allow everything to dry completely before moving outdoors.
- Once outdoors, turn on your light source for a fun touch in your garden.