I am in love with this Halloween candy bowl. You too can make a clay pot scarecrow to add your candy in this fall. This project is actually really easy and the results are just adorable. Grab your supplies and get started on your own version today then have it ready to keep candy on hand for those trick or treaters!
Supplies needed to make this Halloween candy bowl:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore however a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Clay pots (2 of the same size)
- Patio Paint (I used Tango Blue, Tiger Lily Orange, and also Wrought Iron Black)
- Google Eyes
- Buttons (1 orange for nose and three black)
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Scrap fabric (I used an orange bandanna)
- Scrap jeans
- Felt pieces
You can actually watch the video below to see just how I made this project. The video is super short and has all of the steps needed.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Follow along with the step by step instructions below.
- Start by painting one pot orange and blue. The bottom strip should be in blue. I used 2 – 3 coats of Patio Paint for this task allowing it to dry in between coats. Then set aside to dry completely.
- On the other pot, add eyes and a button nose with hot glue. Paint on a mouth with Patio Paint. Then set aside to dry completely.
- Cut a scrap piece of felt into about a 1 inch strip and make it long enough to go inside the top of the pot.
- Hot glue long cut raffia pieces to one side of this felt strip all the way along the length.
- Then hot glue the strip to the top inside of the pot with the raffia to the inside. Trim raffia if needed with scissors.
- For the arms, cut 2 x 3 pieces of scrap fabric. For the legs, cut 3 x 5 pieces of some old jeans. Then use hot glue along the long ends to make a tube.
- Add a little bit of stuffing to each of these arms and legs. Then add hot glue to the end and add a bundle of short cut pieces of raffia. Repeat for all arms and legs.
- Start with the orange and blue pot. Hot glue on the buttons to the front.
- Then tie on a rope “belt” and secure with hot glue.
- To the bottom of this pot add the arms to both sides with hot glue. Then add raffia pieces all the way around the outer edge.
- Add hot glue all the way around the outer edge and set the “head” pot on top.
- Then trim any raffia that is too long with scissors.
- Lay the entire thing over and hot glue the legs into place on the inside of the bottom pot.
Your clay pot scarecrow is complete and ready for fall!
You can then add candy to your Halloween candy bowl. I love the details on this piece. It turned out just like I imagined it in my head. I just love it when a plan comes together….don’t you?
My favorite part? Those little blue jeans!! TIP: Cut your pieces from the ends of one of the legs to get that seam on the bottom portion.
Grab your supplies so that you can also make a clay pot scarecrow. You will love serving up the trick or treaters from this adorable Halloween candy bowl. Y’all enjoy and happy crafting!
So do you love this and want more scarecrow ideas? Try the links below!
- Scarecrow Jar Fall Craft
- Burlap Scarecrow Garden Flag
- Scarecrow Halloween Treat Bags
- Coffee Can Scarecrow
- also find more scarecrow craft ideas here!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!