The perfect Mother’s Day gift? Bubbling lavender bath salts of course! I have the recipe below on how to make these fun bath salts and add to a mason jar for mom. Give her the gift of relaxation with this quick and easy idea that is inexpensive to make as well. We have been sharing 15 minute Mother’s Day crafts all week. If you have missed any of the fun, be sure to check out day 1, day 2, and day 3. You will also want to scroll to the bottom of this post to see today’s ideas!
Bubbling Lavender Bath Salts Recipe
Please note that some links below may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore.
Ingredients for Lavender Bath Salts:
- 1 cup epsom salts
- 1/8 cup lavender shampoo or body wash
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 drop lavender essential oil (be sure to check out this post on how to get essentials oils for cheaper with no commitment!)
- Purple food coloring (optional)
How to Make Lavender Bath Salts:
Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. I used just a little bit of purple food coloring to get that color in my bath salts. It is completely optional but does make this a bit brighter in color. You will then want to spread the bath salts out on a covered cookie sheet and let them dry out for at least 24 hours. This will ensure that your lavender bath salts are ready to package.
Mom will love relaxing in a bubbling bath as an amazing Mother’s Day gift that she will never forget. Whip up these bubbling lavender bath salts and give her the gift of her dreams!
Need to print this recipe? Try the recipe card below!
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the bath salts out on a covered cookie sheet and let them dry out for at least 24 hours.
- You can then add them to a jar and they are ready for gift giving. I love to use these small squat jars. You can also add a small scoop when giving as a gift.
Not sure what you want for Mother’s Day? We have a little quiz to help you determine what kind of mom you are! At the end, you can get gift ideas delivered right to your inbox. Let us know what your result is in the comment section below.
Ready for more Craft Lightning ideas? You can get more 15 minute craft ideas that are perfect for Mother’s Day below. Start with this floral sugar scrub recipe from My Mom Made That. Add that to the bath salts above and you have a spa gift!
Turn adult coloring pages into seed packets for an amazing garden gift like this one from Story Piece.
Make an essential oil diffuser necklace like this one from Creative Cynchronicity.
Moms love all things hand painted! Make some hand painted magnets with this tutorial from Me and My Inklings.
I love all things watercolor! Make mom a watercolor notecard set in minutes with the directions from 100 Directions.
Love watercolor and don’t want to stop there? Try making a watercolor hand lettered print with the instructions from Here Comes the Sun.
My co-hostess for all Craft Lightning events is 30 Minute Crafts and she has some adorable flower mason jar tea light holders that are perfect as a gift or to decorate the table at a Mother’s Day brunch.
Enjoy these bubbling lavender bath salts or any of the other quick and easy Mother’s Day crafts that were shared today. We have one more day left in this series and then I will round the entire thing up for you so stay tuned!
- Mason jar I used the Ball sharing jars because of their pencil like shape.
- Pink fabric
- Yellow ribbon
- Fiber fill
- Printed pineapple tags
- Hole punch
- Start by adding your sugar scrub to your jar. I wanted the gift to look as much like a pencil as possible so I made an eraser top. Just use a small piece of pink fabric cut slightly larger than my mason jar lid with scissors.
- I then added a small amount of fiber fill under the fabric and put the lid on the jar as shown below.
- You will also need to print the pineapple tags, cut out using scissors, and punch a hole in the top. Then tie this around your jar using some yellow ribbon.