Add something special to your next party with these mason jar lid coasters. This project is so easy with heat transfer vinyl and your Cricut machine. Didn’t know you could add heat transfer vinyl to cork? Well, you can! Just follow below to see the steps and then make your own custom coasters in minutes.
This is a part of Cricut party ideas week where we are sharing party crafts that you can make with your Cricut. You can see more of the ideas at the bottom of this post!
Supplies to make mason jar lid coasters:
- Cricut machine
- Cricut cut file (you can download this below)
- Mason jar lids
- Heat transfer vinyl
- EasyPress or iron
- Teflon sheet or parchment paper
Jar Lid Coasters Cut File
To download the cut file for the mason jar lid coasters, just put your name and email address in the form below. You will then be sent a file with the SVG. You will need to open the file saved to your computer and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Having trouble? You can see more about how to do that here.
If you have any issues or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to fix it for you. Please remember that this file is for personal use only and you will need to contact me for commercial use.
How to make coasters from mason jar lids:
Gather your supplies and get ready to make custom coasters in no time at all.
Cricut Coasters Video
Want to watch a video on how to make these coasters from mason jar lids? Just hit play below!
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? You can also see the instructions below.
Making Coasters with Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Start by uploading the cut file from above to Cricut Design Space.
- Then cut the heat transfer vinyl on your Cricut machine. Be sure to mirror your design and cut with the heat transfer vinyl shiny side down. You can see more about the basics of working with heat transfer vinyl here.
- Then weed away all excess heat transfer vinyl. This includes the outside as well as things like the centers of the letters.
- Cut your cork into circles using scissors or even your Cricut machine. I just traced my mason jar lids onto the cork with a pen then used scissors to cut it out. You can program a circle and use your Cricut machine to make this cut as well.
- Then add the heat transfer vinyl in the proper location to the center of your cork. Put on an EasyPress mat or folded a towel.
- Then cover the entire thing with the Teflon sheet or parchment paper. This protects the cork from the EasyPress or iron.
- Be sure to look at the proper time and temperature on the Cricut heat guide. Then press with your EasyPress on top of the Teflon sheet for the proper amount of time at the right temperature.
- Allow to cool slightly so that you can touch the cork then flip it over. Put the Teflon sheet back on top and press once again with your EasyPress.
- Allow to cool completely this time then peel back the protective lining of the heat transfer vinyl. If the iron-on is wanting to lift up, you will need to press once again at the time and temperature indicated. Repeat until the liner pulls up completely while leaving your heat transfer vinyl on the cork.
- Repeat these steps for all of your mason jar lid coasters.
Then add these to any room or use as a fun accent for any party. Customize them for your party theme then make a batch of coasters to celebrate any occasion.
So, will you make some mason jar lid coasters for your farmhouse style home?
Want even more Cricut party ideas?
Just click on the image for any of the ideas you like and the instructions will open up in a new tab on your computer.
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!