DIY Paper Christmas tree ornaments and decorations are so easy to make! I actually did a post yesterday with an ornament that was made from scored mat board. There are so many lovely options with the Cricut scoring wheel!
Want more festive Christmas Cricut ideas this year for the holidays? Check out this list of Cricut Christmas ideas!
Make Your Own DIY Paper Ornaments
It’s that time of the year again where all I want to do is make fun Christmas crafts for the Christmas tree and house. These easy DIY paper Christmas decorations and ornaments are fun and festive–just for the holidays!
These paper ornaments are super easy to make and perfect for whenever you want to make your own decorations for the Christmas tree. If you’ve been wanting to use your new scoring wheel with your Cricut Machine, then I will teach you everything you need to know about it.
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a portion of your purchase will go to this site.
- Cricut Machine: Either the Maker or Explore will work. Click here to see which one I prefer!
- Scoring Wheel: Click here to learn more. Scoring wheels are used to create creases in materials like cardstock and other types of thin paper. Perfect for whenever you want to create designs on paper!
- Metallic Paper: Metallic paper can be found at most craft stores and comes in a variety of different colors. You can use bronze, silver, gold–you name it!
- Twine: You will need twine to hang the decorations up! Twine can be found at craft stores or online. If you cannot find twine, then you can use any kind of string.
- Tape Runner: A tape runner is used to stick the two pieces of paper together to make sure the ornaments are durable enough to hang.
- Cricut Cut File: Click here to access! Just click download and you should be good to go!
Note: You will want to make sure you download the cut file to cut the ornaments into different shapes. The file for the design is just below!
How to Make Easy DIY Paper Christmas Decorations
These decorations are so much fun and great for the family! In a few steps, you will have your very own paper Christmas decorations ready for the Christmas tree!
Start by clicking here to access the cut file and cutting your ornaments with your Cricut machine. Use either the scoring wheel or stylus to make the score lines. I used the scoring wheel but I was inspired by these cute boxes over at Simply Crafted Life and she used the stylus. So, it should work with either tool. Carefully remove the mat from the back of your ornament pieces to minimize curling.
Then use a tape runner to put two of the pieces back to back. Add on a piece of twine for hanging.
That’s it! The Christmas tree ornaments are ready to be used!
How to Use
Add these paper decorations to any Christmas tree in your house. You can also suspect these DIY decorations from the ceiling for a Christmas-themed party.
These easy paper ornaments are also perfect for gifting to loved ones and family members. This craft is also great for gifting to teachers!
They look so elegant and no one will ever guess how easy they are to make. These ornaments are perfect for getting into the Christmas tree and making it is fully decorated for the holidays!
Grab some metallic paper and get started creating these gorgeous paper Christmas ornaments for your tree and holiday decor.
I must say that scoring all the things has become an obsession for me. I keep thinking of new things to try!
So, y’all stay tuned as there is no telling what I will score next!
Like This Christmas Idea and Want More? Check Out This List
- 40 Christmas Crafts
- DIY Christmas Cards
- Christmas Mantel Decorating Ideas
- Felt Christmas Tree for Toddlers with a Cricut
- Making Vinyl Christmas Ornaments with a Cricut
Do you love this project and do you also want more ideas with your Cricut machine? We have several blog partners that are joining us this week for Cricut Holiday. You can click on the image below of the project and the instructions for each one will open in a new window on your computer. Happy crafting!
Stay tuned as we have more projects like these paper Christmas ornaments tomorrow as well!
- Scoring Wheel
- several sheets of metallic paper any color; I used bronze
- tape runner
- Cricut cut file download above in the supplies list
- Start by clicking here to access the cut file and cutting your ornaments with your Cricut machine. Use either the scoring wheel or stylus to make the score lines. I used the scoring wheel but I was inspired by these cute boxes over at Simply Crafted Life and she used the stylus. So, it should work with either tool. Carefully remove the mat from the back of your ornament pieces to minimize curling.
- Then use a tape runner to put two of the pieces back to back. Add on a piece of twine for hanging.
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!