Pencil Arrow Valentines are the perfect alternative if you don’t want to give candy out to the class this Valentine’s Day — it’s a great way to make the gift of a pencil fun. These quick crafts are super simple and easy to make, plus they will be the star of any party! Supplies this month are provided by American Crafts, but all projects and opinions are my own.
This post was sponsored but all opinions and projects are my own.
Make Your Own Pencil Arrow Valentines
Make some of these quick and easy pencil arrow Valentines for the class this Valentine’s Day — it takes less than 20 minutes, requires minimal supplies, and easy enough for kids of all ages! Everyone will love these unique Valentine’s Day cards, plus they get the gift of a pencil at the end of the day — it’s fun AND practical.
Supplies and Materials Needed:
Be sure to visit American Crafts to buy all of your scrapbook supplies and embellishments for this craft.
How to Make Pencil Arrow Valentines
You can watch the quick 9 minute video below to see how to make my pencil arrow Valentine. Carolina with 30 Minute Crafts is also sharing her Valentine bookmark, so you get a BONUS craft. We like to craft LIVE so you never know what will happen — let’s craft together today!
Step 1: Make Pencil Heart Wand
I ended up using a heart wand that I found at the Dollar Tree. I simply removed the heart from the wand and stuck it on the pencil instead. You can also use styrofoam or stuffed hearts if you cannot find the wands.
Once you have your heart, insert the bottom of your pencil into the top of the heart with the point out so it looks like the end of an arrow.
Step 2: Make ‘Feather’ End
Cut the American Crafts glitter paper into a rectangle. Cut small strips, but not all the way through to the other side, to make a “feather” type shape for the other end of your pencil (or the bottom end of the arrow). You should have to rectangles with fringe cuts added to both sides of the pencil.
Step 3: Cut Out Card
Step 4: Create Pencil Arrow Valentines
Glue the feather fringe and tag to the pencil with glue strips. You can also punch a hole into each side of your gift tag and slide it onto your arrow before adding the fringe.
Step 5: Make Someone’s Day!
You are ready to give our your pencil arrow Valentines! You can always customize by adding treats or a custom message on the gift tags.
Love this idea for a DIY Valentine’s gift and want more? Try these fun, quick, and easy crafts!
- Funny Llama Valentine’s Day Card
- Paper Plate Valentine holders
- Valentine’s Day Snacks Plus a Treat Box
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Mason Jar Picture on Canvas for Valentine’s Day
Want to print the instructions for these Pencil Arrow Valentines? You can use the card below!
- Use a heart wand from the Dollar Tree and remove the heart. Work in the stick that comes with the wand into the top of the heart. Then insert the bottom of your pencil into the top of the heart.
- Cut the American Crafts glitter paper into a rectangle. Make a “feather” type shape for the top of your pencil and cut fringe on both sides.
- Use a Sizzix or other method to cut a tag from scrapbook paper. Write “to” and “from” on the tag with a marker.
- Apply the feather fringe and tag to the pencil with glue strips.
- You are ready to give our your pencil arrow Valentines.