Slime for kids is a hot new trend. Everyone seems to want to play with fun slimes made from household ingredients. I had this idea for ocean slime for summer and thought I would share the recipe here. However I have seen some articles online where slime with Borax in it is burning some kids. I tried a BUNCH of recipes without the ingredient and finally landed on the one below. Hopefully you will find it helpful and can make a batch with your kids this summer!
Slime for Kids Recipe
- 4 fl oz white school glue
- 1/2 TBSP baking soda
- 1 TBSP saline solution (the stuff for contacts)
- Blue food coloring
- Blue glitter
- Miniature ocean animals if desired
You can actually watch me make the slime in the quick video below. It is so cool how it comes together and the process is much easier to capture on video instead of pictures. Your kids will love the science behind this slime!
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Here is how to make slime for kids:
- Pour 4oz of school glue into a container.
- Add ½ tbsp of baking soda and mix.
- After mixing, add blue food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Add lots of blue glitter and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of saline solution. The mixture will turn into slime when stirring.
- Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands.
- NOTE: If the slime is really sticky, add ¼ tbsp saline solution.
- Work the ocean animal miniatures into your slime.
- Store in an air tight container (like a mason jar) when you are not playing with this ocean slime.
A few warnings and cautions about this project. Adult supervision is required. You should only let children 3 years of age and older play with slime. Warning: “If large quantities of saline solution are accidentally ingested (greater than a tablespoon), get medical attention immediately.”
Now your slime is complete and it is time to play! Your kids will love stretching the slime and finding tons of ocean critters!
Add this slime for kids to your must make list this summer! The kids will love this little science experiment and the fun they will have with it after it is complete.
Grab your school glue and get started on your own batch today. Don’t love the ocean theme? Think of other colors and miniatures you could add to make this slime recipe all your own.
Need more ideas for summer fun for the kids? Try these ideas!
- Kite Craft with a Paper Plate
- Patriotic Windsock Kids Craft
- DIY String Art Kids Craft
- Bug Magnet Kids Craft
- more boredom busters for summer!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!