- Go one room at a time — finish that room then move on.
- Go from top to bottom. Start at your ceiling and work your way to your floors.
- Take breaks if you need to — don’t try to be a cleaning super woman.
- Have all of your supplies handy (more on my favorite supplies in a second).
- Just bought that picture a week ago, hung new curtains two weeks ago? SKIP THEM! Surely they have not gotten dirty already.
- Break up your home into areas. Mine are upstairs, downstairs, and outside.
- Involve your kids. I am putting my kids in charge of the upstairs on their spring break. Will it be perfect? No…but I don’t have to do it myself!
- Clear your clutter OUT of the house. I have three things I do with my outgoing clutter: trash, donate, or consignment store. I can get rid of everything immediately. This way little hands don’t conveniently reach in and rescue the clutter.
My checklist so far is looking pretty good! I have decluttered various areas of my home but as we all know that is a work in process. The downstairs is complete for spring cleaning tasks. I am going to put the kids on the upstairs next week. I will just be left with the outdoors tasks to complete but I hope to enlist some help from hubby on those. I am also going to try this baseboard cleaner. So tell me about your spring cleaning? Have you started? Don’t even plan to start? Any tips you have for me?
I was sent product from Shaklee for this post but all opinions are mine. Some links are referral links to Shaklee.