T-shirt Rag Rug using a Hula Hoop from Family Fun Magazine

When our Family Fun magazine came a few weeks ago (okay so it has been a while!!), my daughter was dying to try the hula hoop rug!  We went through our old t-shirts and found some to use.  Of course, you can get t-shirts from your local thrift store — any will do the trick….
We used a mix of pastel colors for our rug…
Use any color combo that you like!  It turned out great!!  And was super easy!
It is time consuming…so put in a movie before you start!  But what a great project to make out of a pile of old t-shirts!
Stay tuned….later this week I will use these same techniques to make something for me!!
Posted at Make it for Monday on Cottage Instincts.

Posted on Made by You Monday on Skip To My Lou.

Posted on Met Monday on Between Naps on the Porch.
Posted at Your So Very Creative on Me Making Do.
Posted at Thrifty Treasures on Southern Hospitality.
Posted at the Earth Day Party on C.R.A.F.T.
Posted at the Go Green Party on Craft Test Dummies.
Posted at the Kid’s Craft round up on Craft Test Dummies.

Visit thecsiproject.com

~Thanks for stopping by!~
~Angie~

Comments

We did this! But we did ours too tight and it turned into one of those bowls they also give directions for…sorta. Actually it was more like a big floppy hat! But a cute one! We ended up undoing it to try again.

It’s good to know it’s super easy. It’s on my “mental list”of things I wanna make w/my kids this summer. Your’s turned out well.

O, I gotta go look at the instructions and see if I am capable of doing this. I am sooo not crafty so most of the time, I flub it.
    This is so cute…:)

4. Anonymous says

Hey get a good hoop, I tried this on a cheap one that bent and it turned out to be a nice plant holder or a bowl for fruit. My five year old granddaughter loved to do this with me and I told her to take it to school for show and tell. I pulled it to tight so no tension is necessary and buy a heavy duty hoop.

My daughter us is doing this for a 4H project for our local fair and she just finished her 2nd one and they both have curled up on her. Can you give any pointers to how you did yours? She had followed the directions but not sure why it is curling. Did you get it really loose? it says to make a tight spiral at the start but then pull snug. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

How adorable! My daughter was just trimming fabric today and we were talking about something like this. You really use a hoolahoop? How does that works!

I came here from the “Craft Test Dummies” site because this is a great idea for our Linky Party too this week. The theme is ‘Best Ideas Fall’ this time.

Would you like to add your post to our site? We’re somewhat new, yet getting good traffic already and ranking very well for the search engines.

We’d love to host your ‘link’ there this week too!

Pam Hoffman

FYI: They’ve removed the instructions for the rug from Familyfun.com. If you check Google.com, you will run into the instructions on other web sites.

Trackbacks