New here? Be sure to read my 25 ways for cleaning naturally with vinegar, 25 ways for cleaning naturally with salt, 25 ways for cleaning naturally with lemon, and my 25 ways for cleaning naturally with baking soda as well.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and Cream of Tartar for a wonderful non abrasive cleaner for nearly all surfaces.
- Cream of Tartar is an alternative to household bleach. Use it mixed with half as much vinegar or water anywhere you would use bleach.
- Mix with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to clean stubborn pots and pans.
- Mix with 1/2 as much glycerin and add to a spray bottle. You now have your own homemade laundry stain remover.
- Mix with 1/2 as much lemon juice for a great copper cleaner.
- Porcelain tubs and sinks can be cleaned with equal parts vinegar and Cream of Tartar. Stains will magically disappear when rubbed with this mixture.
- Add water to form a paste and tackle those bathroom mildew stains.
- To clean drains, mix 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup salt, and 1 tbsp Cream of Tartar. Pour in drain and add 1 cup of water. Allow to sit then run water through.
- Mix Cream of Tartar with a little water to clean all of your stainless steel appliances.
- Remove scratches on dishes with a paste of Cream of Tartar and water.
- A paste of Cream of Tartar and water will even clean stubborn soot from your fireplace with a brush.
- One tsp of Cream of Tartar per quart of water makes a great presoak for your whites.
- Clean your coffee pot with 2 to 3 teaspoons of Cream of Tartar plus water to fill. Allow to heat up, scrub with a soft cloth, and rinse.
- Remove mold and mildew from grout with a mixture of Cream of Tartar and vinegar (form a paste).
- Repel ants with a sprinkling of Cream of Tartar.
- Remove rust stains from fabric with a paste of Cream of Tartar and water.
- Remove ring around the collar by applying Cream of Tartar directly to the ring.
- Discolored aluminum pots will be bright again after boiling 2 tbsp Cream of Tartar per quart of water for 10 minutes.
- Love Soft Scrub but want a natural version? Mix lemon juice with Cream of Tartar.
- Ink stains can be removed with a paste of lemon juice and Cream of Tartar. Allow to sit for one hour before laundering.
- Removing tea stains is a breeze with Cream of Tartar.
- Add a half teaspoon to water when boiling vegetables to preserve their color.
- Mix equal parts Cream of Tartar and vinegar to clean burner pans. Apply paste and allow to sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing. Repeat if needed.
- Mix paste of Cream of Tartar and vinegar to clean your oven. Apply and allow to sit for 2 – 3 hours before removing. Repeat if needed.
- Remove toilet stains easily with Cream of Tartar.
Cream of Tartar has a very long shelf life and can be purchased in bulk through Amazon. I found this to be the cheapest if you order enough to qualify for free shipping. TASTE Specialty Foods Cream Of Tartar, 22-Ounce Plastic Container
Be sure to read my 25 ways to clean naturally with vinegar, salt, lemon, corn starch, steam, and baking soda as well.
Love this post? Be sure to subscribe to THE COUNTRY CHIC COTTAGE so you don’t miss a thing!
For more cleaning and organizing printables see our list of over 50 free cleaning and organizing printables.