This summer your home may need a DIY wooden American flag. Guess what? They are so easy to make and so inexpensive! I actually had everything on hand that I needed to make my version. Free is definitely the right price for me! Grab a scrap piece of plywood and make your own version using our instructions below. You are sure to love the results.
This one was originally posted on June 4, 2012 but I am republishing with more information.
Supplies needed to make your own wooden American flag:
- Plywood (my piece was about 2 foot by 3 1/2 foot as it was a scrap)
- Craft paint in red, white, and blue (be sure to use outdoor paint if you are going to use outdoors)
- Foam roller (optional)
- Paint pen
- Cricut machine (click here to see which one I like best)
- White cardstock
- Wood stain
How to Make a Wooden American Flag:
Painting the Flag:
First, paint the entire board white. I have a super easy secret weapon. I just discovered these fancy bottle tops from Plaid. They are available in the craft section at Walmart.
Distressing for a Rustic Appearance:
Love this DIY wooden American flag and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Large Wooden Star: A Patriotic DIY
- Rustic Wood Flag You Can Make From Scraps
- BBQ Party Ideas: Buffet Condiment Holder
- Uncle Sam Decorations from Scrap Wood
- Patriotic SVG: 15 Free Files for Your Crafts
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!