I have a great avocado potato salad recipe for you today. This one is perfect for the upcoming summer picnic season. You can add this to your Memorial Day table as well. A wonderful spin on potato salad that you will adore. Plus, if you are like me, anything that has avocado is a winner! In fact, you might also love my avocado hummus recipe.
This one was first published on May 20, 2013, however, I am republishing with new information.
Avocado Potato Salad
Are you ready to add a little kick to your traditional potato salad? Avocado will do that for you! Once you try potato salad this way, you may never go back. Seriously y’all. It is that good! So, start by gathering your ingredients then mix up this easy summer side dish. You might also want to try this tip for keeping avocados green.
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 large potatoes boiled, cooled, peeled, and diced
- 3 eggs boiled, cooled, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles diced
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix avocados and lemon juice in a large bowl to prevent browning. Do this as soon as you dice your avocado.
- Add potatoes, eggs, and pickles. Then, stir gently to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dressing mixture to the potato mixture and stir. If your potato salad seems dry, add a touch more milk to make it creamy.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving then enjoy. Add pimentos are garnish if desired.
The avocados add unexpected cool bites in this great avocado potato salad recipe. I hope you will make this one for your family this Memorial Day weekend or anytime this summer!
Add a little color to your dish with some pimentos, if you would like. You can totally leave these out but they do make the dish really pop.
Will you give this avocado potato salad recipe a try this summer? Your entire family will love this recipe. I basically guarantee it! Got a tried and true potato salad recipe that you just don’t want to give up? Try adding a touch of avocado to it instead. You might be surprised at what this small addition can do!
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!