This fun arts and crafts book lover gift in a jar idea is perfect for anyone in your life who loves books! Also, if you have missed any of the Craft Lightning fun this week, we have been sharing holiday crafts that take 15 minutes or less to make. You can catch up with day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4!
For more simple arts and crafts ideas to do at home, be sure to stick around and explore the website! This list of handmade gifts for adults is perfect for Christmas and birthdays!
Make Your Own Arts and Crafts Book Lover Gift in a Jar
Looking for some easy craft ideas to make as gifts for the lovers in your life? There are so many great ideas for gifts with homemade arts and crafts! This gift idea is perfect for both kids and adults–just make sure to supervise!
Craft ideas with paper are simple, cost-effective, and a wonderful way to get creative at home. Impress the book lover in your life with their very own jar filled with cozy book accessories! If you need some DIY gift ideas for Christmas, I have you covered!
Some of the links below may be affiliate links.
- OL1186 Labels: For an extra fancy and festive look, use gold foil (these comes in tons of colors but I love the gold y’all!) Of course, you can use any color you would like. Maybe your book lover has a favorite color?
- Green Quart Mason Jar: Green is not required but I do recommend wide mouth if you are going to add a gift card. If you use a smaller mouthed jar, then the post and gift cards may not fit!
- Other Gift Items: These can include an Amazon gift card, small reading light, bookmarks, snacks, hot chocolate mix, pen, small notebook, etc. There are so many great options!
- OL423 Post Cards: These are blank post cards that you can use to print anything on. They are very easy to use and separate into individual cards!
- Twine: Use twine for a rustic look to tie the gift label onto the jar or use any other kind of durable string that will hold well.
- Old Book: Use the pages from an old book to make the bow or you could even use vintage sheet music for an even more classical look. Reuse and repurpose and great, right?!
- Tape: Tape is used to stick the bow to the top of the lid of the jar. Use any kind of tape!
- Hole Punch: You will need this to make sure there is a hole in the label to tie the string through.
- Staples and Stapler
- Free Printable Labels: You can gain access to this free template by signing up for our email list below. If you have any issues, please let me know!
Note: Get creative and paint the jar if you would like or even fill it up with battery-powered twinkle lights for extra charm!
How to Make Your Arts and Craft Book Lover Gift in a Jar
DIY projects at home can be so much fun! The book enthusiast in your life will love the thought and care you put into this gift for them. Use this jar as a stocking stuffer or any other type of gift just because!
First, you will need to download your free labels for printing. You can do that by signing up for our email list below. The file will be sent to your email with both label files in a zip file. Just unzip the file to print both of the designs. Please note that these are for personal use only. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues downloading or need commercial use files.
Start by printing the bookplate labels onto the OL1186 labels. Remove the surround after printing then cut into a manageable size for inserting into the jar.
You can also make a free printable book lover gift tag to go with the gift. Print it onto the OL423 postcards.
These are actually perforated which makes the rest of this super easy.
Just tear the labels into four separate cards like this:
Then fold, punch a hole, and write a sentiment on the inside to your book lover. Write anything you would like such as your thoughts, a line from a favorite author, etc. Make it sweet and thoughtful!
Add the gift items to the jar and tie the homemade gift tag to the top of the jar with the twine. It doesn’t end here. Keep reading below for an extra WOW factor!
Take some vintage sheet music or old paper and make a paper bow for the top. You can use any old book you have on hand. I thought I would make a short video on how to make this great bow. Trust me….it is easy and quick to make!
Watch the video below on how to make the homemade paper bow.
Great right? I love this idea! You can of course use this idea with any paper so bookmark this for the future!
Finally, tape or glue the bow to the top of your mason jar. That’s it! Isn’t this gift in a jar adorable?
How to Use
This gift is great for giving this holiday season. Grab a jar and get started on this idea today. Any book lover will love getting this as a gift!
You can also make several of these jars for thank you gifts at events or birthday parties, baby showers, etc. This arts and craft jar idea is also perfect as a Father’s Day gift! If you’re curious about what to get then men in your life, impress them with this unisex jar!
Our features for today are going to knock your socks off! Who is ready for some quick and easy holiday craft ideas? Me too! One Artsy Mama is kicking things off with this adorable reindeer ornament.
Artistic Endeavors is sharing how to make this fun snowman snow ornament.
I am in love with these adorable succulents in a jar from Happy Go Lucky.
Whip up a batch of this peppermint sugar scrub from Mom Off Track for gifts this holiday season.
Next is a fun emergency kit bag from My Craftily Ever After that would make a great gift.
Fireflies and Jellybeans is sharing how to make these simple shell ornaments for your tree.
Jennifer Priest is sharing how to make placemats, napkin rings, and more for her amazing table setting!
Our guest co-hostess this month is Aunt Peaches and she is turning leftover art into great Christmas ornaments. I love that you can do this with art from your kids!
Don’t miss any of the Craft Lightning fun by following along with our quick and easy crafts Pinterest board.
Like This Arts and Craft Idea? Be Sure to Click on the Ideas Below for More Inspiration!
- Valentine’s Jar Hot Chocolate Gift Idea
- Watercolor Mason Jar Vases
- Soup in a Jar
- Free Printable Tags for the Holidays
- Summer Craft Ideas using Mason Jars
- Hole punch
- Stapler and staples
- OL1186 labels gold foil or any other color
- 1 widemouth mason jar I used green
- Other gift ideas such as Amazon gift card, reading light, books marks, notepad, pens, snacks, etc.
- OL423 post cards
- old book or vintage sheet music for the bow
- free printable download download in text or sign up via the email list
- First, you will need to download your free labels for printing. You can do that by signing up for our email list below. The file will be sent to your email with both label files in a zip file. Just unzip the file to print both of the designs. Please note that these are for personal use only. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have issues downloading or need commercial use files.
- Start by printing the templates onto the OL1186 labels. Remove the surrounding paper after printing then cut into a manageable size for inserting into the jar.
- You can also make free printable book lover gift tags to go with the gift. Print the designs onto the OL423 post cards. Once the cards have been printed on, gently tear them apart at the perforated line.
- Then fold, punch a hole, and write a sentiment on the inside to your book lover.
- Make a paper bow out of the paper or sheet music and tape it to the top of the lid.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!