This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
The next time you want to put together Christmas gifts in a jar, I have a fun idea for dressing them up. You can decorate your jars with bows, ribbon, glitter, or add a pretty little tag. But you can also get a little more crafty and make this fun paper bow and card set. Pick your favorite colors and create custom accents to dress up those jars!
Use your Cricut machine to create all kinds of pretty accents for your mason jar gifts. I used the art I created to make these accents. You can find all of the designs in this project in Cricut Design Space. Just head to the canvas I’ve already set up and the images will be there, ready for you to cut. If you have a Cricut Access account, these images are included in your membership.
Materials to Make Christmas Gifts in a Jar
- Cricut Machine (see a comparison of the machines here)
- Cricut Design Space (get a free beginner’s guide here)
- Art designed by Jen Goode from the Little Winter Gifts set through Cricut (see the canvas already set up here)
- White Cardstock
- Colored Cardstock of your choice
- Cricut Pen in black
- A gift in a mason jar
- Head to the Cricut Design Space canvas I’ve set up to help get you started. Follow the on-screen instructions to draw and cut the pieces.
- Assemble the envelope by folding and gluing the edges together.
- Layer the inside card piece cut from colored card stock to the external card and adhere together.
- To assemble the bow, layer the different pieces and glue together at the center of each piece. Fold each bow just to the side of the center “knot”
- Attach the bow to the jar by wrapping along the body of the jar and adhering in place. Optionally, you can cut a strip of paper or a ribbon and glue the bow to the ribbon and then wrap around the jar.
Tip: I used thick glitter cardstock for all the red in my project. This kind of card stock doesn’t always stick well with standard glue. So, I used a hot glue gun and set it to high. Then I used a clip to hold pieces together for a bit while the glue cooled and set well. Just be careful with these small pieces and really hot glue.
November Digital Mystery Box
The designs in this project are a part of the digital mystery box from Cricut this month! You can see another project using the same set here. Between the two, you are well on your want to a handmade holiday filled with gorgeous creations. With the mystery box, you get all the images and background papers from this design set PLUS new Cricut fonts and 4 more design sets all for $29.99.
Ready to purchase? Click here to get your mystery box!
Need more convincing?
I hope you have fun decorating your Christmas gifts in a jar with these pretty paper accents. You can mix and match and create all kinds of paper pieces. Happy crafting!
So, do you love these ideas and want more ideas for gifts in a jar? Try the links below!
- FREE Printable Mason Jar Gift Labels
- Cookies in a Jar Gift: Delicious Aloha Cookies
- Twix Cookie Mix in a Jar Gift Idea
- Hot Chocolate in a Jar Gift Idea
- Over 25 Gifts in a Jar
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!