Cleaning with essential oils is a great all natural alternative to pricey chemical cleaners. You can click here for my buying guide to essential oils that will let you buy the oil you want whenever you want with NO sales pitch! Then continue reading to see which ones you want to give a try when cleaning your home.
As always, test all of these methods in an inconspicuous area before trying them on your entire surface. Not all methods have been tested so use with caution. Always handle essential oils with caution and according to package directions.
- Mix 1½ cups water, ½ cup distilled white vinegar, and 20 drops tea-tree, lavender, or eucalyptus oil. Soak combs and brushes for 20 minutes. Rinse and air-dry.
- Apply tea tree oil to scuffed marks on floors then rub with distilled vinegar.
- Apply orange oil to gum stuck on various surfaces. Launder immediately upon removal.
- Use a few drops of lemon oil on your shower doors bi-weekly to prevent build up.
- For a great toilet bowl cleaner, mix 2 teaspoons tea tree oil with 2 cups of water and add to a spray bottle.
- Add a few drop of your favorite oil to the inside of your toilet paper roll for a fresh smell every time it is used.
- Clean grime from windows with 2 ounces of water mixed with 10 drops lavender or lemongrass oil.
- A few drops of lavender oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet will freshen your laundry.
- Use a few drops of lemon oil to remove crayon from most surfaces.
- Add 2 – 3 drops of lemon oil to a bottle of water for a great surface sanitizer.
- Add 10 – 15 drops of lemon oil to your favorite carpet cleaning solution. It will help remove stains and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Put a few drops of any citrus oil on a cotton ball and place in your refrigerator to freshen.
- Add 24 drops of lavender oil to a towel and wash it with your shower curtain liner to clean.
- Peppermint essential oil acts as a natural pest deterrent. Try putting a soaked cotton ball in problem areas.
- Mold and mildew can be removed with 2 teaspoons tea tree oil mixed with 2 cups of water. Spray on trouble areas and do not rinse.
- A few drops of lemon essential oil will remove a sticker from a jar or other surface.
- Mix equal parts olive oil and white vinegar then add in 15 drops of lemon essential oil. This is a great all natural polish for wood surfaces.
- Wipe greasy surfaces with a few drops of lemon essential oil on rag.
- Add your 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil to a spray bottle filled with water for an all natural air freshener.
- Add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil to your dishwasher to remove spots.
- Clean and sanitize wood cutting boards with lemon essential oil on a rag.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to some cotton balls and place in drawers and closets to freshen clothes.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to your garbage disposal to freshen.
- Dampen a soft cloth with a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a great stainless steel cleaner.
- Add a drop of lemon oil to a bowl of water and soak your dishcloth overnight to freshen and disinfect.
I hope you have enjoyed this guide on all natural cleaning with essential oils.
NEW!! Now you can print the complete guide to natural cleaning and keep it as a handy reference around your home. There are 225 ideas for using vinegar, cream of tartar, lemons, hydrogen peroxide, steam, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and rubbing alcohol to clean! Yep all of those things you probably have around your house already can be really powerful all natural cleaners.
Just click here to add this download to your cart. Then just download to your computer. You can then print on your home printer and keep this complete guide to natural cleaning handy all year! I have just had many requests for a printable version of my cleaning series and thought this is the perfect time to release this series!
Want to see my favorite cleaning supplies and products?
I have gathered all of the products I love using around my home into one great section of my Amazon storefront. You can click here to shop! If you’re looking for just about anything to clean your home, I probably have an option that you will love!