I am sharing a great food gift in a jar today that you are going to love! All you need to do is whip up this coconut almond granola recipe and add it to this simple festive jar that you made yourself! This is an inexpensive gift that everyone will love! Give to anyone on your gift-giving list this holiday season. You can even dress it up with a gift tag made on your Cricut machine.
This one was published on November 13, 2013, however, I am republishing with more information.
This gift is a super simple two-step process: paint the jar then make the granola. Then, pour the granola into the jar, add your free gift tag, and you’re all set!
You already know my love for handmade gifts, especially gifts in mason jars! They are simple to make and everyone loves receiving them. I’ve made a lot of food-themed gifts in jars and they are always a hit with everyone!
Christmas Granola in a Jar
Supplies needed to make the Christmas tree jar:
- Quart sized mason jar (one that doesn’t have any logo or anything on at least one side)
- Americana Gloss Enamels in Festive Green
- Vinyl or contact paper to use for masking
- Cricut machine or scissors (cut your tree freehand or use a Cricut machine.)
- Decoupage medium
- Red glitter
- Printable labels for the top (download those below)
- Printer and ink
- Copy paper
- Craft knife
Steps to Make a Christmas Tree Jar:
Wash your jar well with rubbing alcohol. Allow to dry completely then apply your tree shaped masking. You can cut this with scissors or with your Cricut machine. Burnish the edges well to avoid paint creeping under. Then give your jar about 3 coats of paint allowing to dry in between coats.
Once dry, cut around the masking with a craft knife and remove it from the jar. While you are waiting on your paint to dry, use decoupage medium and red glitter to give the band of your lid a little extra flair. Just apply the decoupage, sprinkle on the glitter, and allow to dry. You can also give Mod Podge Ultra a try for this as it works great on glitter.
Printable Food Gift in a Jar Labels
I also made some fun printable labels for the top of the jar. There is one that is for the granola and another just “happy holidays” label in case you want to fill your tree jar with something else. I think this jar would be cute filled with candy for a gift as well. You can download and print the labels by signing up for our newsletter. Just fill out the information in the box below and the labels will be emailed to you.
Please remember that these labels are for personal use only. If you have issues, please contact email@example.com and I will try to help you with your download.
Assembling Your Granola in a Jar Gift Idea
Now, you have everything you need to assemble your food gift in a jar.
- Add the coconut almond granola to the painted jar.
- Print your labels and cut out with scissors.
- Add one of these labels in between the band and lid of the jar.
- Screw the glittered top onto the jar.
- You can also add a gift tag if you would like then your granola gift in a jar is ready for giving!
Whip up this cute gift idea for those on your Christmas list. They will love the delicious granola and can use the jar as a candle holder once it is empty.
Don’t love the idea of the granola? Change this gift up with the addition of candy or nuts on the inside. Really any gift can go inside this Christmas tree mason jar.
So, will you be giving a food gift in a jar to anyone on your holiday list this year?
Do you need more ideas for holiday gifts in a jar? Try the links below!
- Mason Jar Christmas Gifts Snow Globe Toppers
- Cheese Spread Mason Jar Gift Basket
- Elf Mason Jar Gift for Christmas
- Mason Jar Peppermint Cupcakes
- Over 25 Mason Jar Gifts
Want to print the granola recipe? Use the recipe card below!
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil slowly in the microwave.
- Add honey to coconut oil and stir.
- Mix oats and almonds on a large cookie sheet. Pour honey mixture over oats and then stir to combine.
- Spread out on cookie sheet and bake for 14 – 18 minutes stirring occasionally. Granola is done when it is golden brown. Watch closely and do not burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix coconut with green food coloring in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix cooled granola, green coconut, chocolate candies, and cranberries. Your granola is ready to serve or pour into your mason jar container.
- This recipe makes just a little more than will fit in one quart-sized mason jar. You can enjoy the leftover granola as you package your gift.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!