Make this DIY burlap table runner for your home in just minutes. Add a great monogram then sew on some fun ruffles. You will love the rustic country feel of this table runner in your kitchen or dining room. Plus it is so easy to make! This one was originally posted over at Crafts Unleashed but I am posting it here in case you missed it.
I love a pretty burlap table runner and this one is one of my favorites! It goes so well with my farmhouse style and would look beautiful on an every day table in the kitchen or for decorating the couple’s table at a wedding with the new monogram! You can’t go wrong with burlap for a rustic style wedding!
This runner can be used all year-round – just switch out the décor for Christmas, Thanksgiving, fall or any other holiday.
How to Make a Burlap Table Runner
Supplies needed to make your own DIY burlap table runner:
Some links may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore.
- Burlap Runner
- Black Fabric Paint
- Paint Brush
- Vinyl (any color will work)
- Silhouette, Cricut, or Craft Knife
- White Fabric (any will work)
- Sewing Machine
On the Cricut, you will need an extra long 12 x 24 mat to accomplish this. Remove the inside of your letter from the vinyl and apply the entire stencil to your burlap. Be sure the work surface under the burlap is protected as the paint will seep through.
Use black fabric paint and dab onto your monogram with an up and down motion. Make sure you do not get any paint outside of your stencil area.
Paint around the entire DIY monogram letter. Then carefully remove your vinyl from the burlap. Take caution with the wet paint.
Allow to dry then add a white ruffle on both sides with your sewing machine. I ripped strips of a canvas drop cloth to about 5 inches then sewed them while gathering slightly for a ruffled effect.
Add this fun DIY burlap table runner to any table in your home. You will love the monogram and ruffles with the rustic feel of the burlap.
Making this DIY burlap table runner really is super easy! Add that farmhouse feel to your home with this fun craft project.
Love burlap table runners? Check out this post for even more ideas!
- Choose your monogram font style. Cut out your monogram from the vinyl using an electronic craft cutter or craft knife.
- On the Cricut, you will need an extra long 12 x 24 mat to accomplish this. Remove the inside of your letter from the vinyl and apply the entire stencil to your burlap. Don’t forget to protect the surface under the burlap.
- Staying within the stencil area, use the paintbrush to dab on the black paint to the monogram.
- Paint around the entire DIY monogram letter. Then carefully remove your vinyl from the burlap. Take caution with the wet paint.
- Allow to dry then add a white ruffle on both sides with your sewing machine.
Silhouette Tips and Tricks
Sign up for our email list and we will deliver weekly inspiration with tips and tricks for your machine right to your inbox!