Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts and myself are hanging out in the video below and painting together with DecoArt Multi Surface paint. We were both sent some paint to play with from DecoArt. Join us in our Google+ Hangout as we craft together even though we are across the country from each other. You can see how to make my plates as well as an adorable reindeer from Carolina. Her reindeer is perfect for a napkin ring y’all so be sure to watch below.
- Wash plate well with rubbing alcohol.
- Print image you want to use on just plain paper and tape to the front of your clear plate.
- Trace image on the back of your plate with a gold sharpie marker. Fill in with marker as well.
- Paint with DecoArt mutli surface paint on the back of your plate right over the top of your sharpie marker. You will need at least two coats of paint on your plate.
- I recommend adding Americana Decoupage Outdoor formula to the back of your plate (2 coats) to help protect your design.
You are left with a really awesome rustic design that almost looks worn. Really all you did was draw with a sharpie and paint white over the top. So darn simple yet so gorgeous! Perfect for any holiday party you are throwing this holiday season. I think this would be so fun to try with the kids as well. Let them doodle on a plate then paint over it to see what type of effects you can create. I hope y’all enjoyed these fun DIY deer painted plates.