This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
This DIY summer fun idea jar is perfect for when the kids get out of school! This one is a great craft from our contributor Jen with 100 Directions.
School is almost over for the year and the kids are excited to have fun all summer long! So where are those fun summer ideas coming from? We usually like to make a list of ideas that we can pull out any time we hear the “Mom, I’m Bored!”. How about making a craft with the kids to help them get involved in making that list?
DIY Summer Fun Idea Jar
Here’s a fun DIY Summer Fun Idea Jar craft project you can make with the kids. Store all your summer activity ideas in one place and turn it into a game when looking for something to keep the kids busy. I even have a cute printable you can color and craft with for this project!
- List of summer activities cut into individual ideas papers
- Printable summer fun coloring page by Jen Goode
- Coloring supplies (colored pencils, markers, etc.)
- Pen or pencil
- Tape or glue stick
- Download and print the summer fun printable I’ve designed. Or use your own piece of paper.
- Color the designs to make a label and jar lid decor.
- Write our your own list of summer activities. Cut each strip of paper out, one idea per paper strip.
- Apply the jar label to the jar. Wrap the label around the jar and tape or glue in place.
- Add the big circle design to the jar lid, under the jar lid ring. (Optional).
- Fold all the idea papers in half and put them inside the jar.
Voila! Now, ever time the kids say they are bored or you are looking for a fun activity for the day, pull out an idea from the Summer Fun ideas jar and you’re set.
Tip: Make sure that all the ideas you put in the jar fit the criteria for the type of activities you’d like to participate in. I suggest sticking with activities that take little to no set up and encourage independent play as much as possible…. so those “bored” moments don’t require you to stop your whole day to help set up and manage. You can make a different jar for different kind of activities too. Color each jar art differently so you can tell them apart.
You can download the free printable summer fun idea coloring sheet from my blog. I’d love to hear what you create, leave a comment or give me a shout and tell me about it!
Will you be making a summer fun idea jar for your home? Never hear “I’m bored” again!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!