If you’re searching for the perfect gift for Dad this year, check out this list of mason jar gift ideas for Father’s Day! Perfect DIY craft to let kids do on their own and make their own special gift for their dad or grandpa!
Dads do so much, and they often don’t get the thanks they deserve. That’s why I love Father’s Day. It’s a day when we stop our routines and take time to celebrate a super special person in our lives: Dad!
Fathers can sometimes be tough to buy gifts for, which is a huge reason why I love making gifts. I have several other homemade Father’s Day gift ideas like this Trophy for Dad, Hand Print Art for Father’s Day, and Wooden Pencil Holder.
Mason jars are one of the most versatile crafting materials you can find. They’re perfect for everything from crafts to food to gift wrapping and much more!
Today’s gift idea for Father’s Day is simple enough for even the smallest of children to join in the crafting. I am also including some other mason jar gift ideas that you can make with your kids.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the kids busy with making a Father’s Day mason jar for Dad this year!
How To Make This Mason Jar Gift Idea For Father’s Day
Here are the supplies you’ll need to gather and the steps you’ll need to follow in order to make your own handmade gift for dad.
- Green Ball mason jars
- Stiff self-adhesive felt sheets
- 3-dimensional fabric paint (like Puffy paint, Beads in a bottle, and Tulip Slick Paints)
Just follow these steps, and in a few minutes, you’ll have a one-of-a-kind mason jar gift for Father’s Day to give to Dad!
Trim the felt sheets into “tie” shapes. Let the kids have fun picking the colors. 🙂
Use a variety of 3-dimensional fabric paints to decorate your ties. Then, set them aside to dry. Your ties will probably need to dry overnight.
This is where you really get the kids involved. Let them decorate the ties in any way they choose. You never know what you’ll get, but it’ll be unique and amazing!
You will need to add the ties to your mason jars. I used the adhesive on the back of the felt sheets, but if yours aren’t self-adhering, you can also use glue to adhere them.
They will look great on his desk to hold pens, pencils, or anything else he needs to hold.
- I like the stiff felt for this project.
- This is a great craft for any felt scraps that you have laying around.
- The version that is self-adhesive really makes this project simple.
Here are a couple of questions that I see readers ask regarding how to make a mason jar Father’s day gift like this one. If you have a question, please check to see if it’s already answered below. Don’t see it down below? Leave it for me in the comments!
What size mason jars should I use?
I used pint-sized mason jars for this craft. If you only have large quart-sized jars, they should work too. I just wouldn’t recommend using jars that are smaller than pint-size.
Can I use clear mason jars for this mason jar gift idea for Father’s Day?
Of course! I like the fun color that the green jars add to this craft. I think the color makes it easier to see the craft since it isn’t quite as “see-through.”
Add these Father’s Day mason jars to your must-make list this year. Pick up your supplies and let the kids get to work adding their own special touch to this fun craft idea. Dad’s gonna love it!
More Father’s Day Craft Inspiration
If you love this mason jar gift idea for Father’s Day, check out these other quick and easy Father’s Day crafts, too!
- DIY BBQ Rub Gift
- Adorable memo board from Me and My Inklings
- Lego Father’s Day card from Scrappy Chick
- DIY gift card holder from duct tape from Mad in Crafts.
- Slim leather wallet from Carla Schauer
- Father’s Day Fishing Gifts You Can Make in Minutes
- Father’s Day picture frame from Albion Gould
- Steampunk coffee mug from Michele’s Party Plan-Its
- Fish-themed frame and gift from Frog Prince Paperie
- Pop up Father’s Day card from Raegun Ramblings
- Father’s Day button art from Busy Mom’s Helper
- DIY baseball stand from 30-Minute Crafts
Whether you make our Father’s Day mason jars or one of the other quick and easy Father’s Day crafts, you are sure to put a smile on Dad’s face this year!
- Ball Mason jars green jars
- Felt Sheets self-adhesive
- Fabric paint
- Cut the felt into tie shapes and let the kids have fun picking out the colors.
- Decorate the felt "ties" with 3-dimensional fabric paint. Have fun getting creative with the designs! Let them dry overnight.
- Attach the "ties" to the mason jars using the self-adhesive or glue.
- Wrap up the jar gifts and give to Dad!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!