Supplies for Gifts for Men: Father’s Day Embroidery Hoop Art
- Embroidery Hoop
- Embroidery Thread
- Tissue Paper
- Card stock
Directions for Gifts for Men: Father’s Day Embroidery Hoop Art
2. Size your image to the desired finished size of your project. Run the tissue paper through your printer just as if you were printing on paper. You now have your image transferred to the tissue paper.
3. Carefully remove the tissue paper from the card stock. Add your tissue paper and felt to the embroidery hoop.
4. Trace all of the lines of your image with embroidery thread. The image itself becomes your pattern with this method.
5. Complete all of the lines with your embroidery thread.
6. Remove from the embroidery hoop and rip away all of the tissue paper. It will just tear away from your image leaving behind the stitches. Small pieces may have to be grabbed with tweezers to remove. Add the felt piece back to your embroidery hoop then trim away any excess felt. You could also frame your embroidered piece at this point instead of adding back to the hoop.
Add this great piece to your home decor or wrap up as a gift for dad.
You can choose any image that you would like to embroider to give as a gift. Maybe a grill for those dads that love to cook? A deer head for the father who loves to hunt? Really anything can be made into Father’s Day Embroidery Hoop Art with this method.
Make this great gift for the men in your life this year.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!