If you’re searching for a perfect small homemade way to package a gift, you’ll love today’s craft. Learn how to make this lumberjack plaid painted mason jar gift idea – it’s the perfect way to wrap a gift for dad!
I’m always looking for ways to give gifts to friends and loved ones. I don’t like just handing the gift to them – what’s the fun in that? Finding (or making) a great way to package it up is where it’s at!
We give gifts for all sorts of occasions, so you may find the need for gift wrapping for, including the holidays, birthdays, Mother’s Day, housewarming, etc. Today, I have another holiday where creative gift wrapping is needed: Father’s Day!
And if you’ve been following this site for any length of time, you know how much I LOVE mason jars. They’re perfect for every occasion!
Today, we’re taking my love of mason jar gifts and the desire to creatively package Father’s Day gifts and combining these ideas to create lumberjack plaid mason jars to hold your gifts.
These jars are perfect for packaging any gift and giving it to Dad (or anyone else). Pretty much everyone loves lumberjack plaid these days!
Does creating lumberjack plain on a mason jar sound challenging? Never fear! I have a simple way to get that pattern onto your mason jar.
But if you prefer a different design, check out these Father’s Day Mason Jars.
Supplies Needed To Make This Lumberjack Plaid Mason Jar
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need for this gift project. I even added links for some items to make finding them easier!
Note: Some links below may be affiliate links, which means that you do not pay any extra but a portion of any purchase will go to this site.
Let’s get started.
- Pint mason jar
- Red spray paint
- Black spray paint
- Painter’s tape (Frog tape is my personal favorite)
- Black craft paint
- Tag (I stamped a plain tag with letter stamps and ink but a store bought one will work)
How To Make This Lumberjack Plaid Mason Jar Idea
The process for making this jar is super quick and easy. Here’s how to do it!
Spray paint your entire mason jar red. Then, paint your jar lid black. Allow them both to dry completely before continuing.
Once the jar is totally dry, tape off evenly spaced stripes onto your mason jar with the painter’s tape. Press down to adhere really well.
I used a sponge to paint one light coat of paint onto the stripes. Remove the painter’s tape before paint has dried. Allow drying completely before continuing.
Mask off evenly spaced strips in the opposite direction. Again make sure to press the painter’s tape down well.
Once again use your sponge to paint the lines with one coat of paint. Remove the painter’s tape before the paint has dried.
Finish Off Your Lumberjack Plaid Jars
Allow everything to dry completely then fill the jar with any gift for Dad. Tie on a fun gift tag and your gift is ready for giving.
Dad will love this lumberjack plaid mason jar! It will be perfect for holding pencils, pens, and more after he has eaten the gift that is inside!
Lumberjack Plaid Mason Jar Idea FAQs
Here are a couple of common questions I get from readers about this project. If you have a question but don’t see it down below, please leave it in the comments so I can answer it for you.
What do you put in a mason jar gift?
Fill it up with anything that will fit inside! What does Dad love? Food gifts are always a hit – candy, cookies, trail mix, flavored popcorn, etc.
But, if you want to stay away from unnecessary calories or know the recipient has food allergies, fill up those jars with small keepsakes or practical items such as chapstick, fishing lures, etc.
Could I use different size mason jars?
Yes! You can do this same basic process with larger quart jars and even smaller jars too. If you choose to do it on smaller jars, take note of the ratio of red to black and be prepared to adjust the tape size you use.
More Gift Ideas for Dads
Love this and looking for even more quick and easy gift ideas for your dad? Check out the links for other ideas below!
- Trophy for Dad
- Homemade BBQ sauce from Kara Creates
- Turn children’s art into a great key chain from A Sweet Berry
- Father’s Day Fishing Gifts You Can Make in Minutes
- Drill-shaped card from Crafting in the Rain
- Great stamped tag from Artistic Endeavors
- Hand Print Art for Father’s Day
- Father’s Day Personalized Journal from Create and Babble
- Dresser Catch-All Box from Stuff-n-Such
- Star Wars Bottle Gift Printable Set from Busy Mom’s Helper
- DIY BBQ Rub Gift
Make this lumberjack plaid painted mason jar or any of the other quick and easy Father’s Day gift ideas from this post! Giving Dad a handmade gift will make his day extra special.
- Spray paint the mason jar red and paint the lid black. Allow them both to dry completely before moving to the next step.
- Create evenly spaced stripes on your mason jar with the painter’s tape. Press down firmly to adhere well.
- Paint one light coat of paint onto the stripes with a sponge. Remove the painter’s tape before the paint dries. Allow it to dry completely.
- Repeat the same taping process in the opposite direction.
- Repeat the same painting process.
- Allow everything to dry completely then fill the jar with any gift for Dad. Attach a fun gift tag and your gift is ready to give.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!