Make an old lady Halloween costume this year with a few thrift store finds. We actually made this one last year but I didn’t have time to post it. I wanted to get it up extra early this year so that you have time to stalk your local second hand stores for supplies. This is a simple costume and will work for kids and adults of any age!
Supplies needed to make your own old lady Halloween costume:
- Scarf for head
- Fake glasses
- House dress
- Knee high panty hose
- Sensible shoes
- Sign for walker
- Pouches for sides of walker
- Tennis balls
- White spray for hair (optional)
Ready to put together your look? Follow the instructions below!
- Add pink curlers to your hair. You can also spray your hair white if desired but we did skip this step.
- Add a scarf over hair.
- Wear fake glasses. These can actually be purchased at a variety of stores these days as they are fashionable.
- Add on a house dress. NOTE: I would definitely wear something under this!
- Wear your knee highs but roll them down a bit to get the full effect.
- You will want to grab a hand bag as well. We actually filled ours with a bit of butterscotch so the old lady could hand out candy!
- Sensible shoes are a must in this case.
- Find or borrow a walker from someone. I sewed two pouches for the sides. These can be used to gather your candy on Halloween.
- We also found the old age sign at Hobby Lobby and zip tied it on the front. Look in the party section.
- Don’t forget the tennis balls on your walker as this really completes the look!
- That is all! Your old lady Halloween costume is ready to wear.
Start shopping for your supplies and wear an old lady Halloween costume this year. You will be the talk of the neighborhood! If this costume is not for you, give one of the other ideas below a try!
- Cowboy Halloween Costume
- 80s Girl Halloween Costume
- Jack Sparrow Costume
- Zombie Girl Costume
- Prisoner Costume
- plus 100 more DIY Halloween costumes
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!