This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
How to Make an 80s Girl Costume on a Budget:
- Glasses – $1 from The Dollar Tree
- Tshirt – $1 from The Dollar Tree (customized by screen printing with items on hand)
- Necklace and bracelets – we had these at home but these can be purchased anywhere
- Leggings – had on hand (customized by screen printing with items on hand)
- Skirt – $4 black and pink netting cut from items at The Dollar Tree and sewn onto leggings
- Glove – $1 from second hand store
- Shoes – on hand
Fun 80s-Style T-Shirt and Leggings
I knew that I wanted to paint on the shirt and leggings. I actually had a product that makes screens and ink on hand. You could absolutely use fabric paint instead. I created the “totally rad” graphic on my computer in my word processing program.
The Iconic 80s Girl Skirt
I took black and pink netting that I actually cut away from Dollar Tree items and sewed them onto the leggings as a skirt. The black was from a Halloween item and the pink was three of those pink princess skirts for little girls.
These glasses are OH SO 80s! And they were right there at The Dollar Tree. I really think they made the look.
Check out more thrifty and fun DIY Halloween costumes here!
- Old Lady Halloween Costume
- Fun DIY Baby Costumes for Halloween
- Thrifted Cowboy Halloween Costume
- DIY Miss Frizzle Costume