How to Make an 80s Girl Costume on a Budget:
- Glasses – $1 from The Dollar Tree
- Tshirt – $1 from The Dollar Tree (customized by screen printing with items on hand)
- Necklace and bracelets – we had these at home but these can be purchased anywhere
- Leggings – had on hand (customized by screen printing with items on hand)
- Skirt – $4 black and pink netting cut from items at The Dollar Tree and sewn onto leggings
- Glove – $1 from second hand store
- Shoes – on hand
Fun 80s-Style T-Shirt and Leggings
I knew that I wanted to paint on the shirt and leggings. I actually had a product that makes screens and ink on hand. You could absolutely use fabric paint instead. I created the “totally rad” graphic on my computer in my word processing program.
The Iconic 80s Girl Skirt
I took black and pink netting that I actually cut away from Dollar Tree items and sewed them onto the leggings as a skirt. The black was from a Halloween item and the pink was three of those pink princess skirts for little girls.
These glasses are OH SO 80s! And they were right there at The Dollar Tree. I really think they made the look.
Check out more thrifty and fun DIY Halloween costumes here!
- Old Lady Halloween Costume
- Fun DIY Baby Costumes for Halloween
- Thrifted Cowboy Halloween Costume
- DIY Miss Frizzle Costume