This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Looking for a recipe organizer? We have ways to organize those recipes that you may not even have thought of. Ever wanted to make that one recipe that you loved a few months back….and can’t find it? Yes that has happened to me….many times. That is why organizing recipes to so important!
My first tip is for all of those individual recipes. You know the ones. The magazine clippings and recipe cards that have mom’s favorites on them.
I have a few options that may work for these.
- Expandable files are great for organizing all sorts of paper including recipes. Label each division tab with a recipe category and start adding in those bits of paper. Love this idea? Click here to see more and where to buy those files as well. I love using those small files that are meant for coupons for a recipe organizer in my home.
- A recipe binder may be the perfect solution if you want to keep all of your recipes where they are easily viewed. Fill a standard office binder with baseball card or photo holders. Add your recipes to the pockets in an order that will work for you. Turn them so that they are visible and you have an instant cookbook filled with your favorites.
- No room for the paper anymore? Organize your recipes electronically. Invest in a smart scanner or do the work manually. Taking images of your recipes ensures that they will be around for years to come. You can also put them all into an app like this one for easy access when meal planning!
What about those cookbooks? If you are anything like me, you love the feel of the books and just can’t part with them. I love collecting old vintage cookbooks as well. They have the best recipes in them y’all! Start by cleaning out your books and getting rid of any that you really don’t use. Just use a few recipes in a book? Clip them or copy them and add them to the organization method above.
So what can you do with the books that are left to keep them organized and ready when you need them?
- Add the books to a lazy susan and display them on your counter for easy access.
- Look for unused areas of your kitchen that could work for books. Above the refrigerator might be a solution.
- Got a small nook of extra space? Add in a bookshelf or drawer cart for all of your cookbook collection. You can see my cart here. It works perfectly for the cookbooks that I love.
These recipe organizer ideas are sure to help in your kitchen. Add one or more of these ideas to your home to get yourself more organized and be able to find those recipes when you need them. Love this and want more? Try the links below for more ideas!
Declutter Your Home in 31 Days!
Clear the clutter and organize your home with our daily emails! Every day for a month we will send you a prompt to declutter! Sign up for our email list below to get started.