Make a toddler matching game with your Cricut in an afternoon. This fun game is something that any child would love and can be personalized for your child’s favorite images.
I customized my toddler matching game with trucks, tractors, motorcycles, and wheels of all types. For any toddler that loves cars, this game is a must!
You could easily change colors, images, or both with your Cricut machine. My tip is to make this with your scrap pieces of heat transfer vinyl. It is the perfect way to use up all of those small bits.
Supplies needed to make this toddler matching game:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay any more, however a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Cricut Iron On (10 colors needed) (NOTE: This is a great way to use up scraps! See my tips on using scraps with your Cricut here.)
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Want to see the difference between the machines? I compared the Cricut Maker and Explore here.) I definitely recommend the Cricut Maker for cutting felt and fabric for this project.
- Cricut Felt
- Cricut Design Space File
- Small cloth bag
- Sewing machine and thread
- Cricut Weeding Tools (optional)
- Cricut EasyPress (optional)
You can actually watch me make this project in the quick video below.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Try the step by step instructions below!
- Start by cutting all of your pieces on the Cricut Maker using this Cricut Design Space file. NOTE: The fabric should be cut with no backing and you will need to change material types in between mats.
- Weed the HTV of each piece to remove all excess including the centers of the tires.
- Then press the Iron-on to each of the fabric pieces. This is made easier and quick using the Cricut EasyPress.
- Press the Iron-on (HTV) to the outside of the fabric bag as well.
- Sew the fabric pieces to the felt pieces all the way around the edges.
- Then place all of your pieces in the bag and your toddler matching game is ready to play.
This simple project is a great handmade gift idea for the toddler in your life. Save your scraps and get started on your own today.
Will you be adding a toddler matching game to your must make list? Every toddler will love to match trucks and tractors in this fun and colorful game!
- 1 Cricut machine I highly recommend a Maker for cutting fabric/felt
- 1 EasyPress you can use an Iron but an EasyPress is much easier
- 10 Colors Iron-on (HTV)
- Cricut Felt
- Design Space File
- 1 Small Cloth Bag
- Weeding Tools
- Coordinating Thread
- Start by reviewing the Design Space file for all materials needed.
- Gather supplies, I like to use as many scraps as I can.
- Cut out all pieces following the steps in Design Space.
- Weed out all excess material.
- Using EasyPress (or iron or Heat Press) apply HTV to fabric pieces.
- Apply Iron-on to fabric bag.
- Using a straight stitch sew fabric pieces to felt pieces all the way around (wrong sides together).
- Place game pieces inside bag and you're ready to play.
Love this and want more ideas? Try the links below!
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!