You can make this burlap and plaid Christmas table runner for the holidays. This quick and easy sewing project is perfect for your holiday decor! I love all things burlap and plaid right now so I just had to combine the two into a great runner for my table.
Easy Christmas Table Runner
I love an easy sewing project, especially during the chaos of the holiday season. When there are millions of things on my to-do list, I like having a project I can scratch off as DONE after just a few minutes!
Plus, the colors are so classic that you can reuse this table runner year after year and it will never go out of style.
Supplies Needed To Make Your Own Burlap And Plaid Table Runner:
These are the supplies you will need in order to make your own table runner:
- Burlap table runner (these have finished edges)
- Plaid ribbon (be sure to NOT get wire-edged)
- Sewing machine and thread
- Tape measure
Christmas Table Runner Tutorial Video
Adding the plaid ribbon to the burlap runner is so easy! You can follow along with the video below to see me make this fun table runner.
How To Make A Christmas Plaid Table Runner
Not only do I have that video for ya, but you can read the instructions here and you can print out a craft card with all the instructions too!
Just in case you can’t watch the video or miss any of the steps, here is a brief description of how to make this burlap and plaid table runner.
- The very first step is to measure the burlap table runner and decide where you want to place the plaid ribbon. To do this, measure from the outside edge on both sides. You can choose the distance just be sure to keep it consistent.
- Next, sew down both sides of the ribbon securing it to the burlap table runner.
- Then, trim the ribbon to the correct length with scissors on the ends.
That’s it! Add this great Christmas table runner to your home decor.
Table Runner Hack
Here’s the secret.
When you buy a burlap table runner, all you have to do is sew your favorite ribbon to it! That’s why this is one of my favorite Christmas crafts. It takes basically no time at all.
If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can attach the ribbon to the burlap with hot glue or superglue. Sewing looks the best, but other methods still work just fine.
Decorate With Plaid For Christmas
Plaid is a classic print that never goes out of style. You can always find something with red plain at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or your favorite local craft shop.
If you really enjoyed this super-easy tutorial and want to decorate with more plaid, check out this tutorial that shows you how to make those burlap and plaid ornaments shown in the bowl below.
This table runner will also look really cute if you applique a monogram on it for a DIY gift idea. The options are endless!
Plaid Christmas Table Runner Tutorial Instructions
Here is the printable craft card with all the steps! Print it out and make your own along with me.
- Sewing machine
- Tape Measure
- 1 Burlap table runner
- 2 yards Plaid Ribbon without wires
- Measure over from the edge to find the correct location for your ribbon. (You can choose the distance just be sure to keep it consistent.)
- Sew down both sides of the ribbon securing it to the burlap table runner.
- Trim the ribbon to length with scissors on the ends.
- Add this great Christmas table runner to your home decor.
You can also click here to see how to make this picture frame Christmas wreath! Love that burlap and plaid combination!
I also have 12 more plaid Christmas crafts that you can see by clicking here. All of this plaid goodness will be perfect for your holiday decor!