Cookies in a jar do not have to be complicated. In fact, with just 2 ingredients you can have this inexpensive gift idea ready for anyone on your gift giving list. I love a gift that is easy, inexpensive, and delicious. It is like the trifecta of gift giving! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for ideas from our blog partners for mason jar week as well. Trust me….you don’t want to miss em! If you have missed any of the posts this week, be sure to catch up with day 1, day 2, and day 3.
So what are your two ingredients? Basically a cake mix and anything else you want to add in! What?? Yep this gift is also customizable. I have a few ideas below but be sure to think about who you are giving this gift to and what they love. Then add that in instead! Easy peasy and customized to the recipient? Could this get any better?
Two Ingredient Cookies in a Jar
- One box cake mix
- Any other mix in
A few ideas for your mix in:
- Milky Way
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Chips (one variety or a mix of tons of varieties)
- Butterscotch Chips
- Twix Bars
- Almond Joy
- Heath Bars
- any other candy/chocolate that you love!
- Add your cake mix to the bottom of a wide mouth mason jar.
- Press down well with a spoon.
- Wipe sides of jar with a paper towel.
- Fill up the remainder of the jar with any of your mix ins! Be sure to chop candy bars but smaller items like chocolate chips and M&Ms can be left whole.
- Attach instructions and a gift tag and your cookies in a jar is ready for gift giving.
I have a few tags that I have created linked for you below. A few specific ones and a more generic one to add to any gift in a jar that you make.
Just print on card stock, cut, and then add to your cookies in a jar. This completes the gift and it is ready for gift giving! Y’all enjoy and start coming up with combinations for everyone on your gift giving list.
Want more mason jar ideas? Try the links below!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!