You can use your Cricut to make your own DIY Halloween bags complete with personalized names in just a few minutes. Plus, we are using glow in the dark HTV for adding some extra fright to Halloween night. Use these bags to go trick or treating or fill with candy and gifts for a night in. Either way, your kids will love the glow and having a bag with their name on it.
DIY Halloween Bags
Let the kids pick a design then add their name right in Cricut Design Space. You will have a personalized trick or treat bag in no time at all that they will love.
Want to watch me make these DIY Halloween bags? Just follow along with the video below and you can see me make all three bags.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? You can also follow along with the instructions below.
How to Make Personalized Trick or Treat Bags:
Now that you have your supplies, you are ready to make some cute bags for Halloween. Your kids will love the addition of their name as well as that amazing glow in the dark HTV.
- Siser heat press
- Siser HTV
- Weeding tool
- Cricut machine
- Tote bags
- Cut files for all designs
- Cut the HTV for the design you would like. You will need to cut all of the colors of the design. Be sure to size to fit your bag and mirror before cutting. You will also want to change the name to the name of whoever you are giving the bag to. Place the HTV shiny side down on your mat before cutting.
- Weed away all of the excess from all colors using the weeding tool. Be sure to remove things like the centers of letters as well.
- Press each color with the heat press. You will want to press the bottom layer first. My designs were larger than my heat press base. Just press once and cover as much as possible. Then move and press again.
- Remove the carrier sheet from layer 1. Add layer 2. Replace the carrier sheet to protect layer 1 and press again. Remember to get the time and temperature from the Siser website.
- Continue this same procedure until all layers are pressed and adhered to your tote bag. Then remove the carrier sheet and you have one bag done!
- Repeat for as many designs and Halloween bags as you would like to make for your little ones.
Once your bag is done, you can send it out with your little ones trick or treating or use it for a fun night in with a candy scavenger hunt. Either way, they will love these cute bags and using them to celebrate Halloween this year.
They will really love these bags when the lights go out as that white HTV is actually glow in the dark. It is actually a bit off white in person but the glow of it is amazing and perfect for a spooky addition to your Halloween celebrations.
Handmade Trick or Treat Bag Designs
I have three designs you can choose from or you can make your own. Pull them up in Cricut Design Space and change the name before cutting your favorite. First, you have the trick or treat with a spider.
If a spider is a bit too scary for your little one, try this candy corn version. Candy corn is cute and tasty so that makes it perfect for decorating DIY Halloween bags.
Finally, if you have a little one this Halloween, you may want to make them a memorable bag for Halloween. This bag is perfect for baby’s first trick or treat.
You should be able to find a bag that they will love from these choices but you can definitely make your own design as well. Just be sure to add that glow in the dark HTV to your design as it really does make these bags something special.
So, pick up your supplies and use them to make some DIY Halloween bags all your own. I know the kids will love these bags whether they are enjoying a fun night at home or heading out to trick or treat this year.