Jen Goode is back this month with a adorable Mother’s Day card that you can make with your Cricut!
Handmade gifts and cards for Mother’s Day are the best! Today I’ll show you how to make a pretty Mother’s Day card with your Cricut. Making Mother’s Day cards is kind of a tradition around my house. They’re like making little works of art you can give as a gift. So grab your pretty craft supplies and let’s craft up some cards. Mom will love it!
How to Make a Mother’s Day Card with Your Cricut
You can make Mother’s Day cards with all kinds of materials, designs and sentiments. Today we’re making a simple “I Love You” card with handmade flower bouquet art. The Cricut machine will draw and cut the design and you embellish it however you’d like.
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
Use foils, glitter and other accents to create a personalized piece with sparkle!
- Optional – gold adhesive foil vinyl and transfer tape
- Extra embellishment supplies like glitter or ribbon
We’re going to start off with the design. I’ve created a handful of pretty floral designs you can use currently available in Cricut Design Space. Set the Cricut to draw the art designs and then you can hand color the accents. Or, grab a free background watercolor design to download and print. I have a few printable watercolor papers to choose from or learn how to make your own watercolor art paper.
- Go to the Cricut Design Space canvas I already have set up for you. You can follow the onscreen instructions to draw and cut the design as is. Alternatively, add a pre-colored backgrounds to your card design.
- The quickest way to add pre-colored art is to either create your own and use that paper to create your Cricut project OR print pre-designed papers and use that.
- Once you have your card pieces created, layer as shown and adhere in place. I used gold foil to create the words and accent heart and then applied these pieces to the card using transfer tape. Cardstock would be pretty too.
- Embellish however you’d like. I used a glitter nail polish to add a little extra sparkle to the edge of my card front.
To add the background color to your card, there are 3 different options.
- Use a background art pattern in Cricut Design Space.
- Upload your own art design into Cricut Design Space.
- Print or make your own art design paper and then put that paper on the mat to make your Cricut project.
The card set includes an envelope that you can also create and personalize. Here are more Mother’s Day card ideas to make with your Cricut.
More DIY Mother’s Day Ideas
Whether you make Mom a card or an entire gift set, a handmade gift for Mother’s Day is sure to make her smile. Here are a few more ideas to spark your creativity.
- Fabric Scrap Tea Towels – Mother’s Day Gift Idea
- Make a Mason Jar Bath Bomb Mother’s Day Gift
- Quick and Easy Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!