This three-ingredient sugar scrub recipe is fun, simple, and smells amazing! Use any combination of scents for a personalized gift anyone will love. Made in just five minutes, you can have a homemade body scrub ready for yourself or loved ones.
Interested in even more homemade beauty products? Be sure to check out more DIY beauty products made by hand.
Make Your Own Sugar Scrub Recipe
This sugar scrub recipe is amazing! Perfect for the body, lips, or face, this aromatic scrub is delightful in all types of ways. If you’re in need of some exfoliation and want to try making your own scrub, then you will love this tutorial! The options are limitless for fragrances as you can use your own choice of essential oils. Did I mention this scrub is made with only three ingredients?
Some links below may be affiliate links which means you don’t pay anymore.
- Organic sugar
- Grapeseed oil
- Essential oils in the scents of your choice (read more about my budget-friendly method for buying essential oils here)
Note: The sugar and oil containers pictured below made six batches of this recipe. The oils will last a very long time with the little amount required for each batch.
To Make This Sugar Scrub Recipe into a Gift You Will Need:
- Mason jars (one batch will fit into a 4 oz mason jar with a little leftover or try the 8 oz squat jars to get the entire recipe on one jar)
- Printable tags (click here to print one page of our tags for a variety of scents)
How to Make Your Own Sugar Scrub Recipe
First, mix the sugar and grapeseed oil together in a glass container. Be sure to scrape the bottom and sides of your container as you mix. Add two to three drops of essential oil depending on how fragrant you like your sugar scrub. Stir to combine. Pour into a mason jar for storage or gift-giving.
To use the free printable tags, use a circle punch the size of your mason jar lids or just trace around the lids and use scissors. Add them to the top of your lid before adding the band and screwing onto the jar full of sugar scrub. The peppermint version would be perfect for those festive holiday packages.
How to Use
Apply this sugar scrub on rough patches of skin, especially on your feet or hands. Use caution if you have wounds, sensitive skin, or skin conditions. Scoop about a tablespoon onto wet skin when using this recipe.
Scrub gently in a circular motion, then rinse off. Follow with a moisturizer if desired. Be sure to use this scrub within a month after you make the recipe, as there are no preservatives. To keep your scrub fresh, use a fresh spoon or wooden craft stick each time you get some out of the container.
Give this sugar scrub away as a gift for the holidays or just as a token of appreciation. The recipients will love this gift. If you have children, then the children will love helping with this sugar scrub recipe!
Try a variety of essential oils in this sugar scrub recipe for various aromatherapy benefits. This handmade gift is perfect for tons of people on your gift-giving list. You can give this sugar scrub to teachers, neighbors, grandparents, relatives, friends, and so much more.
If you would like, you could try mixing essential oils to create your own scents. Try designing your own labels for the top for a fun twist. You might even add “handmade by” and your name. Either way, this handmade gift is sure to bring a smile to every recipient’s face.
- Mason jar I used the Ball sharing jars because of their pencil like shape.
- Pink fabric
- Yellow ribbon
- Fiber fill
- Printed pineapple tags
- Hole punch
- Start by adding your sugar scrub to your jar. I wanted the gift to look as much like a pencil as possible so I made an eraser top. Just use a small piece of pink fabric cut slightly larger than my mason jar lid with scissors.
- I then added a small amount of fiber fill under the fabric and put the lid on the jar as shown below.
- You will also need to print the pineapple tags, cut out using scissors, and punch a hole in the top. Then tie this around your jar using some yellow ribbon.
More Sugar Scrub Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Homemade Body Scrub
- Orange Body Scrub Recipe
- Best Lavender Body Scrub
- Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub
- Himalayan Salt Scrub
Want to print the instructions for these sugar scrub recipe? You can use the card below!
- ½ cup Organic sugar
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2-3 drops essential oil of choice
- First, mix the sugar and grapeseed oil together in a glass container. Be sure to scrape the bottom and sides of your container as you mix.
- Add two to three drops of essential oil depending on how fragrant you like your sugar scrub. Stir to combine. Pour into a mason jar for storage or gift-giving.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!