Supplies needed to make a wood sign:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Wood (a weathered or new piece)
- Craft paint in various colors
- Card stock or stencil material
- Cricut machine (click here to see which I like best)
- Cricut cut file (click here to access)
How to make your own wood signs:
- Click here to open up the cut file in Cricut Design Space. Then size to fit your board. Cut with your Cricut machine from either card stock or stencil material. Please note that this file is extremely similar but I was recreating something I made several years ago and there are slight differences.
- Add a really light coat of white paint over your entire board. The secret to a worn finish is to use a really dry brush and move it quickly over the surface. Allow this to dry completely before continuing.
- Tape your stencil into place and use green paint to go over everything except for the lemon. For it, use yellow paint. Remove your stencil immediately and allow to dry completely. Again, I use a really dry brush and barely get any paint on the surface.
- Once dry, paint yellow down the sides of your letters to get a two-toned effect on your wood sign.
- Add white paint over the 5 cents portion of your sign. I also took the yellow and added a few lines around the outer edge of that square.
- You can also add a few green touches to your lemon as well as a few lines around it making a rectangle.
- Allow everything to dry and your wood sign is complete and ready to be displayed. You can also add a coat of clear spray sealer over the entire thing if you wish to help protect the finish.
Love to make your own wood sign and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Make a Farmhouse Wreath with Iron-on
- Farmhouse Pillows: My Favorites for Your Home
- Farmhouse Sign from Burlap: Easy To Make with Template
- Vintage Farmhouse Decor on the Porch
- Fast Farmhouse Signs
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!