This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Y’all are going to love this Thanksgiving mason jar craft. It is perfect for your Thanksgiving decor this fall. Plus it is so easy to make! This post is sponsored by Elmer’s however all projects and opinions are my own. Grab your mason jar and get started on this gorgeous craft idea today. I started out by really wanting to put a quote on a mason jar. It took me a few tries to get this one just right but y’all can benefit by a project that works great the first time and in just a few minutes!
Some links may be affiliate links which means a portion of your purchase goes to support this site.
- Wide mouth quart mason jar (this is the version I used and it is plain on the back with no embossing)
- White spray paint
- Elmer’s Painters Paint Marker in Gold (fine tip)
- Hazel and Ruby Word Stencils
- Hazel and Ruby Letter Stencils
- Metallic gold cord
I actually created a super short 6 second video to show you the process below. I have written instructions below the video in case you can’t follow along. But I am telling y’all this is one easy mason jar craft!
Here are the step by step written instructions just in case you need them:
- Be sure to wash mason jar well before beginning. I actually recommend wiping down with rubbing alcohol.
- Apply peel and stick stencils onto your jar to spell out the desired quote. I used “be thank FULL” on my jar. The top two lines are from the words stencil pack. I used the letter package to make the “full”. Apply to the side that has no embossing.
- Press down on stencils to make sure they are adhered well. I personally love the peel and stick stencils but you can also try cutting out vinyl or contact paper in the letters and words that you need.
- Spray entire jar with white spray paint until completely covered.
- Allow to dry and remove peel and stick stencils. Remove carefully and use a craft knife to cut if paint is lifting.
- Trace each letter with the Elmer’s Painters Paint Marker in Gold. This is why the fine tip version is important. Allow to dry.
- Wrap the top of the jar with the hemp cording and tie.
- Add to your Thanksgiving decor this fall!
I love that you can see through the letters into the jar! This Thanksgiving mason jar craft is perfect for your home. Use this same technique with other quotes to make quote mason jars for every season. If you love the other items in the picture below, be sure to check out my sequin pumpkins, metallic pumpkins, and the rest of my fall mantel.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!