Angel ornaments are easy to make and can be a rustic addition to your tree when made with burlap. I came up with this quick and easy craft and showed how to make it on my Facebook page last week. They actually turned out so well that I wanted to share them here with y’all as well. Are you ready to make some burlap angel ornaments for your tree?
Supplies needed to make these angel ornaments:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore however a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
Want to watch just how to make these angel ornaments? Just watch the video below as I explain the process.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Try the craft tutorial below!
- Cut two pieces of burlap ribbon. One to 4 inches long and one to 6 inches long.
- Add lace trim along one end of the 6 inch long piece with hot glue.
- Then fold the 6 inch long piece in half and gather at the top securing by tying with a piece of twine. NOTE: This piece of twine should be really long as we will use to hang on the tree as well.
- Gather 4 inch piece of burlap ribbon in the center and tie with a piece of jute twine. Trim this twine but save ends for later.
- Then hot glue 4 inch piece (the wings) to the back of the 6 inch piece (the body).
- Thread string from the top of the 6 inch piece through a wood bead then secure bead into place with a little hot glue as well.
- Tie strings for hanging on tree and trim any excess.
- Then use a scrap piece of jute twine to make a small circle (halo).
- Add with hot glue to the string a little above the head.
- Your burlap angel ornaments are complete and ready to hang on your farmhouse style tree.
Please note that I used two different sized beads on my two ornaments as that is what I had on hand. I think some about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter would look best, however. So, if you are headed out to purchase supplies for this one, look for ones about that size.
Make some angel ornaments for your tree today! You will love this rustic ornament and how easy they are to make.
Love these angel ornaments and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Winter snowman art with burlap
- Candy cane wreath from burlap
- Cross decor with burlap
- Plaid and burlap ornaments
- 25 angel crafts for kids