Make these mason jar graduation centerpieces for your graduation party! This DIY takes only a few minutes and a few supplies to make. Simply cut the vinyl, apply to the burlap, then wrap around your mason jar. Fill the jar with flowers or greenery for a beautiful centerpiece!
I am kicking off the End of the School Year Cricut Event with these graduation centerpieces. All week this week we will have ideas you will love for your Cricut machine. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to see them all. Right now, however, I am going to share with you how to do curved text on your Cricut with a new feature they just released last week. So exciting right?
Graduation is such an exciting time, especially for the graduates! There’s a new chapter right around the corner, so taking time to make their celebration special is important.
If you are planning a graduation party, you’ll definitely want to check out a few posts I have for high school graduation parties, like a graduation card box, graduation advice cards, and even gifts like a t-shirt quilt or money shadow box.
Regardless of how you are celebrating, you’ll definitely want a few of these centerpieces on the table. This is an easy DIY project for an afternoon. Plus, it’s created with two of my favorite things: mason jars and my Cricut!
Graduation Centerpiece Ideas
Supplies needed to make these graduation centerpieces:
Some items may have been given to me free of charge but all projects and opinions are my own.
- Half gallon mason jars
- Burlap ribbon
- Cricut Iron On (I used patterned for the monogram and black for the other text)
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Want to see the difference between the machines? I compared the Cricut Maker and Explore here.)
- Cut file for your Cricut
- Cricut EasyPress (optional)
- Weeding tools (optional)
- Hot glue and glue gun
You might be just as excited as I am for the new curved text feature in Cricut Design Space! If so, see the video below for an explanation of how it works. Then you can use it to create your own great projects!
Steps to make these graduation centerpieces:
First, start by opening up this cut file in Cricut Design Space. You can then customize it with your own monogram if you would like. I just used a circle then a single letter and the slice tool to create mine.
Then cut your iron on with your Cricut.
Next, remove the excess vinyl around your design. Using a weeding tool makes this really easy, but you could use scissors, too.
Then, press the vinyl to your burlap using your Cricut EasyPress or an iron. You may have to press several times to get the iron on to stick to the burlap.
Remove the carrier sheet and wrap the burlap around your mason jar. Be careful when doing this step as the iron on to the burlap is fairly delicate given the open weave.
Secure the burlap into place with some hot glue then fill your graduation centerpieces with flowers or greenery.
This quick and easy project idea is perfect for those graduation parties! If you have a graduate this year, you will not want to miss any of my projects this week.
Love these and want more ideas? You can try the links below as well!
- Start by opening up this cut file in Cricut Design Space.
- Then cut your iron on with your Cricut.
- Weed out all excess (weeding tools make this easy but are not required).
- Then press the vinyl to your burlap using your Cricut EasyPress or an iron. You may have to press several times to get the iron on to stick to the burlap.
- Remove the carrier sheet and wrap the burlap around your mason jar. Be careful when doing this step as the iron on to the burlap is fairly delicate given the open weave.
- Secure the burlap into place with some hot glue then fill your graduation centerpieces with flowers or greenery.
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!