This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Have you heard of wedding mason jars? These mason jar wedding centerpieces are a quick and easy felt craft that comes together in just minutes and look elegant!
This craft idea is one that works for everyday occasions, such as having guests over or to add to your decor.
However, it’s also beautiful and intricate enough that it shines in special occasions such as parties and weddings too. The cost of weddings has skyrocketed over the years, but mason jars can serve as fun, inexpensive, versatile vases for your centerpiece decorations.
If you need any mason jar wedding centerpiece ideas this project is perfect for placing on your wedding reception (or rehearsal dinner!) tables. And the best part is that you can make your own wedding mason jars yourself in just minutes with some cut felt and a little twine.
I originally made this felt craft for mason jars as part of Craft Lightning Week. Several rockstar crafting bloggers and I joined together to share fun felt crafts that can be made in 15 minutes or less.
If you love quick & easy crafts, check out the other felt crafts that were shared during Craft Lightning Week.
Supplies Needed to Make Wedding Mason Jars Centerpieces
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay any extra; however, a small portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
Some items below were given to me free of charge, but all projects and opinions are my own.
- Felt (I used the Cricut felt sheets I had on hand but really cheap dollar store felt works just as well!)
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Want to see the difference between the machines? I compared the Cricut Maker and Explore here.) I definitely recommend the Cricut Maker for cutting felt for this project. (NO CRICUT?? See my advice below on completing this project without a Cricut.)
- Hot glue and a glue gun
- Mason jars
- Cut file (click here to access in Cricut Design Space)
A Word About Using the Cricut Maker For This Project
One of my favorite items to get from the dollar store (or any store) is mason jars. They’re so versatile and can be used for an unbelievable number of craft projects. You can paint them, attach items to them, fill them up with beautiful objects or food, and so much more.
Today, I may be showing you the easiest project yet! I’m literally just cutting some felt into shapes and wrapping it around the jars. Didn’t I tell you it aws easy? 😉
I cut my felt with the Cricut Maker just to make this project super duper fast and simple.
However, if you don’t have a Cricut Maker, you can do something similar with just scissors. For example, the heart pattern version shown below can easily be made by cutting yourself.
Some of these could even be completed with a hole punch! Get creative if you don’t have a Cricut machine of your own, and you can come up with some amazing designs too.
How to Make Mason Jar Wedding Centerpieces
You’re going to be amazed at how simple this craft project is!
If you do have a Cricut Maker, just click here to access the file.
Resize your file, if needed, and cut your felt. The machine does take a while to cut these strips, but I count that as hands-off time. You can go do something else while the Cricut does its thing!
Simply take your cut felt and wrap one around each jar. Then secure it with a little bit of hot glue.
I also added some tied twine around each one but that is completely optional. Adding a touch of rustic is adorable, especially with the elegant look of these wedding mason jars.
Final Thoughts About DIY Mason Jar Wedding Centerpieces
I added flowers to my mason jars to use as centerpieces but these would also look amazing if you want to use them in different ways. You could:
- add tea lights in them as candle holders
- make them into homemade candles
- fill them with flower buds
- if you want an extra rustic touch, add burlap liner to the inside of each jar
- so much more!
Will you be making these wedding mason jars for your big day or maybe just for your home? My favorite thing is that you don’t really need an excuse to make and enjoy this mason jar craft!
I love how simple and pretty they are, and I know you will love them just as much.
Want More Wedding Craft Ideas?
- Rustic Glam Wedding Decor
- Mason Jar Centerpieces for Weddings with Your Cricut
- Wedding Keepsakes: Creating Shadowboxes
- Burlap Wedding Ideas – Perfect for Rustic Weddings!
- Wedding Guest Book Idea
- Wedding Planner (A Free Printable!)
Felt Wedding Mason Jars
- Cricut cutting machine
- Hot Glue and a Glue Gun
- You'll need the access file in order to begin. Click here to access it in Cricut Design Space.
- If you need to resize the file, go ahead and do that. Then let your Cricut machine do the heavy lifting for you. Note: this will take some time, so feel free to leave and accomplish other things while it works.
- Take your cut felt and wrap one piece around each mason jar. Use a dab of hot glue to hold it together and in place. Tie on a piece of twine, if desired.
- Complete your mason jars by filling them with flowers, flower petals, tea lights or anything else you want!