This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Make a cute and very functional cooking conversion chart with your Cricut machine! The best part is that it’s ready in under 15 minutes. Here’s how.
I don’t know about you, but I can never remember how ounces are in a cup or teaspoons are in a tablespoon. I need to have a handy dandy cooking conversion chart always at my fingertips when I’m in the kitchen!
That’s why I came up with this quick and easy wood craft. Make a cooking conversion chart with your Cricut machine in just minutes.
After finishing it, you can add it to the inside of your cabinet doors for a quick and easy reference in your kitchen (yay!).
Supplies Needed to Make a Cooking Conversion Chart
- Hanging Chalkboard or framed sign
- White Vinyl if using chalkboard or black if using white sign
- Cricut Machine (I used my Cricut Maker but you can use any of the Cricut line up for this project.) (Click here to learn about the differences between the machines.)
- Transfer Tape
- Adhesive Hooks
- Conversion chart SVG file (see how to get that below)
- Weeding tools (optional)
Conversion Chart SVG File
Sign up for the newsletter below to get your conversion chart SVG file. Look for a box below with a picture of the file you want to download and add your information. The files will be sent to your email for your use. If you already get our newsletter, just sign up again as you will not be signed up for anything further.
Please note that these files are for personal use only. You can contact me if you have any issues with your download.
How to Make This Cooking Conversion Chart for Your Kitchen
Follow these simple, step-by-step instructions to create your own cooking measurement conversion chart quickly and easily!
Start by downloading both of the cut files for the kitchen conversion charts above. Then just upload them to Cricut Design Space to begin cutting.
You can see a tutorial on uploading images by clicking here. Make sure the files are sized to fit your boards before cutting. Then cut both charts from the color vinyl of your choice.
Confused about Cricut Design Space? Click here to download our free beginner’s guide!
Remove all excess vinyl from around the images as well as things like the centers of letters and numbers. Weeding tools make this a bit easier but are optional.
Then use transfer tape to apply over your design. Press down well.
Slowly lift the transfer tape and the design should come with it.
Center on your wood chalkboard and press the vinyl down well. Lift up the transfer tape and your design should stay on your cooking conversion chart.
Repeat for the other kitchen conversion chart.
And just like that…you’re done!
Tips for Easily Hanging Your Cooking Conversion Charts
- Use command hooks to hang them both on the inside of your cabinet door to keep yourself organized in the kitchen. I love using them because I can remove them at a later date, if needed, without damaging my cabinets or walls.
- I also used a few pieces of double-sided tape at the bottom to keep them still when I open and close the doors.
During my recent kitchen remodel, I added a set of these to my kitchen. Wanna see my new kitchen? You can see my full farm kitchen reveal by clicking here.
Related Post: Farmhouse Kitchen Ideas: Inspiration for Your Home
You can make one or both of these Cricut conversion charts for your home. The first one converts cups to ounces then tablespoons and teaspoons.
The second version converts gallons to quarts, pints, cups, and ounces. These are so handy to have in any kitchen.
What about you? Will you make a cooking conversion chart for your kitchen? Trust me…you are going to love it!
Love this kitchen conversion chart and want more quick and easy ideas to keep your kitchen stylish and organized? Check out these ideas!
- Make a Magnetic Knife Block for Your Kitchen
- Free Kitchen SVG: Grocery List Board Plus More SVGs
- Utensil Organizer: Using Mason Jars in the Kitchen
- Clear Your Clutter with Kitchen Organizing Ideas
- Kitchen Wall Storage: A Farmhouse Style DIY
- Chalkboard Kitchen Art FREE Printable
More Home Organization Help
Do images on Pinterest stress you out because they seem more like a fairy tale than something you can actually achieve?
Don’t fall into that pretty and perfect trap. You can get clutter-free and organized without living a fairy tale life.
No one knows this better than my friend Hilary! She has an entire course for sale that is dedicated to real-life organization ideas. I love that her approach works for any family with any budget.
My favorite part of this course is that Hilary strives to make your home easier to clean-up, so that it takes only minutes, instead of hours. Who couldn’t use more time and less cleaning?
Plus the system can make your house look fairly put together most times of the day. See for yourself with this course!
Cooking Conversion Chart with your Cricut
- Cricut machine
- Download both the SVG files. Upload the files to Cricut Design Space to begin cutting. Cut the charts.
- Remove any and all excess vinyl from around the images as well as the centers of letters and numbers. Weeding tools can help make this easier but aren't necessary.
- Use transfer tape to apply your design. Press down well all over your design.
- Slowly lift the transfer tape and the design should come with it.
- Center on your wood chalkboard and press the vinyl down well. Lift up the transfer tape and your design should stay on your cooking conversion chart.
- Repeat for the other kitchen conversion chart.
- Your charts are now complete and ready to hang in a convenient spot in your kitchen. Don't forget to use Command Hooks to hang them so your cabinets and walls stay damage-free!