Jen Goode is back this month with an awesome project! This one is great for a gift and oh so easy with iron-on vinyl!
Always Kiss the Cook! Let’s make a cute apron for our favorite chef. I’ll show you how to make this easy iron-on vinyl apron design in just a few steps. You can use super sparkly glitter iron-on or your own favorite color. This is a great gift for your favorite cook or treat yourself and make your own. You can also use this design to create a cute, personalize t-shirt. Let’s get started.
Easy DIY Kiss the Cook Apron – Great Gift Idea
You can make this Kiss the Cook apron in minutes, seriously, maybe 10 minutes tops! I’ve already set up a Cricut Design Space canvas to help you get started. So grab your favorite iron-on vinyl and a blank apron and let’s make this fun project together.
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Blank cotton apron
- Cricut machine (click here to see which one to buy)
- Cricut Design Space
- Kiss the Cook text layout – click here to view the pre-set canvas
- Silver glitter iron-on vinyl
- Weeding tool
- EasyPress or iron (click here to see why you should try the EasyPress)
- Using your Cricut machine and Cricut Design Space, follow on-screen instructions to cut the text design from the vinyl. Don’t forget to set the cutting mat to “mirror” before you cut the vinyl. This will reverse the letters so they iron-on correctly.
- Using your iron or EasyPress, iron the text design to the apron.
That’s it. So simple, right?
This silver iron-on glitter is fantastic. It’s thick enough to make it really easy to work with and displays a ton of sparkly glitter. Look at how pretty this is…
If you want to get more fancy with your apron design, you can “detach” all the words from each other in Cricut Design Space and set them to different materials or colors. You can also add extra embellishments to the apron for a fun, personalized look.
Fun gift idea for your favorite cook
You can make this customized apron for your favorite chef and include a few other goodies to make the perfect gift idea. Think about adding a selection of gourmet spices or fancy baking supplies. Add in a couple mixing spoons or a spatula and then wrap it all up with bakers twine and a bow. Your kitchen guru will love it!
More cute Cricut crafts for cook or the kitchen
I hope you have fun making this Kiss the Cook apron. It’s such a cute gift idea, you’ll want to make one for yourself!
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!