I am kicking off Craft Lightning with a quick Valentine’s Day wreath idea! I will be posting Valentine’s Day crafts all week that can be completed in 15 minutes or less — PLUS I will have great craft ideas from our blog partners for this series at the bottom of each post.
So y’all be sure to scroll to the bottom to get today’s ideas! This one was originally posted over at Crafts Unleashed where I am a paid design team contributor.
Make your own Valentine’s Day wreath
This quick and easy Valentine’s Day Wreath needs minimal supplies and only takes 15 minutes! Customize your message, then hang it for all your loved ones to see.
- Chicken Wire Heart Frame
- Pink Pom Poms (I used one bag)
- Mini Rosettes (each package has six)
- Felt Alphabet Stickers
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
How to make your own Valentine’s Day wreath
You can definitely whip this one up in way less than 15 minutes! And why not make more? Customize the phrase on each wreath and have a full decorating party.
Step 1: Add letters to rosettes
First you will create the “Be Mine” banner letters. I am using the peel-and-stick letters, which makes it super easy to attach them to the front of the rosettes. If you don’t have sticky letters, though, you can use a hot glue gun.
NOTE: The rosettes actually come preassembled in this kit with the mini clothes pins included.
Step 2: Hot glue pompoms
PRO TIP: Add the large pompoms to the bottom half of the frame for a more balanced look.
Step 3: Fill the frame
Continue adding the smaller pompoms to the top, and fill up the frame until you are happy with the results.
Step 4: Clip banner letters to wreath
Now it is time to clip your banner letters onto the chicken wire.
Step 5: Check your spelling!
Spell out “Be Mine” (or whatever phrase you chose!) and your quick Valentine’s Day wreath idea is complete and ready to hang on your door.
I told y’all this would be one great quick and easy craft idea!
Make this the BEST Valentine’s Day ever!
I hope you enjoyed my quick Valentine’s Day wreath idea! Need more crafts? Here are some more quick and easy Valentine’s Day crafts that I absolutely love.
- Watercolor: Love this and looking for more quick Valentine’s Day crafts ideas? We have those for you as well! Start by making a gorgeous watercolor Valentine’s Day card like this one from It Happens in a Blink.
- Coloring: Speaking of Valentine’s Day cards, I love these coloring page cards from 100 Directions!
- Tree art: Make some Valentine’s Day family tree art in just minutes just like Morena’s Corner.
- Treat bags: Add vinyl to Valentine’s Day treat bags for an extra special touch! I love this idea from 5 Little Monsters.
- Bible journaling: If you want to get started with bible journaling, Southern Couture has a great idea for Valentine’s Day.
- Headband: Let your kids show how much they love Valentine’s Day with this great headband from Anika’s DIY Life.
- Animals: Hatch Animals were all the rage this Christmas. Now you can make your own Hatch Animals Valentines with the instructions at Salvage Sister and Mister.
- Pencil Valentine: Our guest co-host this time is Make Life Lovely. She is sharing this adorable pencil Valentine that can be made in just minutes!
Stay tuned! We have more fun all this week!
Love this idea for DIY wreaths and want more? Try the links below as well!
- Gorgeous & Simple DIY Burlap Pumpkin Wreath
- Fall Burlap Wreath
- Rag Wreath Using Cricut Hand Tools
- 5-Minute DIY Fall Leaf Wreath
- Cute DIY Wreath with Yarn
- Spring Wreath Ideas: A Fairy Garden on Your Door
Want to print the instructions for making paper bows? You can use the card below!
- Hot glue gun
- First you will create the "Be Mine" banner letters. I am using the peel-and-stick letters, which makes it super easy to attach them to the front of the rosettes. If you don't have sticky letters, though, you can use a hot glue gun.NOTE: The rosettes actually come preassembled in this kit with the mini clothes pins included.
- Now it is time to begin decorating the frame of your wreath. Use a hot glue gun to place your pompoms on the wooden portion of the chicken wire frame.PRO TIP: Add the large pompoms to the bottom half of the frame for a more balanced look.
- Continue adding the smaller pompoms to the top, and fill up the frame until you are happy with the results.
- Now it is time to clip your banner letters onto the chicken wire.
- Spell out "Be Mine" (or whatever phrase you chose!) and your quick Valentine's Day wreath idea is complete and ready to hang on your door.