This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Jen Goode is back again this month with a quick DIY mug project that you are going to love! Halloween is right around the corner and this is the perfect way to boo your neighbors! You will also want to be sure to visit Jen’s blog for tons of more creative ideas!
This cute boo mug takes less than 10 minutes to make. It’s an easy Cricut project you can create as a fun neighbor gift or fill it with treats for your favorite teacher. Grab a white mug from the dollar store and a bag of candy and you’re ready to go!
This diy Halloween mug can be personalized too. Mix and match the Halloween face stickers and add your own words for the perfect customized Halloween project. If you use temporary vinyl, you can remove the stickers and create a whole new mug design later. This would be a fun way to decorate water bottles and hydro flasks too!
Supplies to make a Quick DIY Mug:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
How to Make a Halloween Mug
- Download the free Halloween face SVG from my site then upload the file to Cricut Design Space. You can see more about how to do that here.
- Choose the image you want to use and size it to fit the mug you are using. To create a ghost face, I used the skeleton face. Using contour hide the mouth and nose. Then make a duplicate and use one of the eyes as the ghost mouth. You can also just use a circle from the basic shapes set in Cricut Design Space.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cut the face from the vinyl.
- Wash and dry the mug surface.
- Apply the vinyl Halloween face stickers to the mug.
Typically, vinyl on mugs needs to be hand washed. Check the care instructions for the vinyl you choose to use. Want to know which vinyl works best on mugs? See our post here for a comparison.
You can fill the mug with candies, add a bow and a card and you’re ready to gift it. This would also make a fun group craft for a Halloween party. Buy mugs for less than $3 each on Amazon and it’s a great party favor your guests can decorate and take home to enjoy later. You can’t go wrong with a quick DIY mug any time of the year!
Love this Halloween mug idea and want more? Try the links below!
- Simple Fall Fairy Light Luminary
- Cute DIY Halloween Snack Jar Craft
- Make Your Own Raven Sun Catcher
- DIY Fall Leaf Gift Tags
- DIY Beware Bat Sign for Halloween
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!