This Kids Craft Father’s Day Gift is incredibly easy and perfect for your number one loved one. Made in just a few simple steps with paper, a paint pen, and Phoomph, this easy kids’ craft is the perfect gift for dad.
In need of some more inspiration for Father’s Day? Be sure to look into my Father’s Day mason jars that are great for all the working dads out there who need a little organization! You’re going to love these thoughtful and meaningful Father’s Day gifts!
Make Your Own Kids Craft Father’s Day Gift
Whether you’re needing to make these mini foam fingers for cupcakes, accents for straws, or just to simply give away: the father in your life will truly appreciate this sentimental craft that is just so simple. This craft seriously takes only 10 minutes to make! Such a breeze.
Use the foam finger template from Zakka life. Allow the craft to dry completely before adding to cupcakes or mason jar straws. Be sure to purchase any colors of stiff Phoomph you’d like!
How to Make Your Own Homemade Father’s Day Craft
This thoughtful craft is perfect for preschoolers, adults, daughters, sons, and so much more!
TEMPLATE: First the template for the foam finger. For this kids’ craft Father’s Day gift project, I just resized the template to extra small and printed it out.
APPLY FABRIC AND TRACE: Next, apply the fabric to one side of the Phoomph. After that, trace around the template onto the fabric. Flip template and trace again.
CUT AROUND FOAM FINGERS: Cut around the both foam finger templates with scissors.
DRY AND APPLY: Allow to dry. Then, peel backing from one foam finger and apply to a cut skewer or straw. Peel backing from second foam finger and apply to back of first. This makes a perfect foam finger sandwich that has your skewer or straw in the middle.
How to Use This Kids’ Craft Father’s Day Gift
If you are giving a mason jar mug as a gift, fill it with chocolate and add a lid and straw. The foam fingers are the perfect additions to the straws! Want another day? These foam fingers are the perfect additions to cupcakes or cake toppers. Simply add the mini foam fingers to a skewer and stick them in homemade or store-bought cupcakes!
This gift idea would also be perfect for Teacher Appreciation Week!
Love this idea for arts and crafts to do at home? Try the links below as well!
- Mason Jar Gift
- Handmade Gift’s for Father’s Day
- 50 Handmade Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- DIY Grill Trophy
- Father’s Day Gift Bag
Want to print the instructions for these mini foam fingers? You can use the card below!
- Foam finger template
- Phoomph any color; stiff
- 1 Sharpie
- 1 Paint pen
- Skewer or straw
- First, prepare the foam finger template and print out.
- Cut around both foam fingers (inside lines drawn above). Use a paint pen or writer to write, "#1 DAD" on foam finger. Allow it to dry.
- Peel backing from one foam finger and apply to cut skewer or straw. Peel backing from second foam finger and apply to the back first. This makes a perfect foam finger sandwich that has your skewer or straw in the middle.
- If you are giving the mason jar mug as a gift, fill with chocolate and add a lid or straw. If you are using these as cupcake toppers, add skewer to homemade or store bought cupcakes.
- Use the foam finger template from Zakka life.
- Allow the craft to dry completely before adding to cupcakes or mason jar straws.
- Be sure to purchase any colors of stiff Phoomph you’d like!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!