Do you know how to make onesies? I thought I would walk you step-by-step through this easy process. I have the cutest way to make your own onesies with heat transfer vinyl in minutes. Yes, these are funny as well as cute and are sure to be a hit for any mom-to-be. They are great for baby showers and newborn gifts. Use our three free cut files below to get started and be sure to see the links to even more SVS files to use below.
This post was first published on July 20, 2015, however, I am republishing with more information.
- Cricut machine (any will work)
- SVG files (you can download those following the instructions below)
- Heat transfer vinyl in the color of your choice (I love the Cricut brand as well as B-Flex from Direct Vinyl Supply)
- Cricut EasyPress or iron
Free Onesie SVG Files
First, you will need to download the SVG files to upload to your machine. To do that, just sign up for the newsletter in the box below and the files will be sent to your email. Be sure you find a box with a picture of the onesies for sign up. If you already subscribe to our newsletter, just add your email again to get this file. You will not be signed up for anything further.
Please note that these files are for personal use only. You can also email me if you have issues getting or using your files.
Want more files? Try the links below as well!
- Mistletoe Onesie
- Baby Christmas Onesie
- Onesies with Heat Transfers
- Free Baby Shower SVG Files
- Unicorn SVG
- First Easter SVG
- Baby Saint Patrick’s Day SVG
- Don’t Moose with Me Onesie
How to Make Onesies
Now that you have your file, you can follow the instructions below to make onesies with any of the designs above.
- Cricut machine any will work
- SVG files
- Heat transfer vinyl in the color of your choice
- Cricut EasyPress or iron
- Upload the SVG file to the software for your Cricut machine. You can see how to do that here.
- You can then cut your design from your heat transfer vinyl. Be sure to mirror your cut and put the material face down on the mat.
- Once your design is cut, weed away all of the excess material. Weeding tools make this job easier.
- Then place your design on your onesie and press for the recommended time and temperature. All heat transfer vinyl brands are different so you will want to follow the instructions that come with what you are using. You can also see our general guide to heat transfer vinyl here.
- Once pressed, remove the transfer sheet and enjoy your new onesie!
You can also watch me make one of these onesies in the video below.
Now wouldn’t you love to receive a gift like this one? Be sure to make your own onesies with heat transfer vinyl today.
You might have a hard time choosing between these three designs so buy enough supplies to make all three. You will be so glad you did!