This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Bunny bait is a clever name for a snack mix that the Easter bunny cannot resist. Yes, Easter is fast approaching y’all. So, you will want to grab this recipe for Easter muddy buddies and make a fun snack for your little ones or the Easter bunny. Muddy buddies are amazing and delicious. Throw in some fun seasonal ingredients and you have a snack mix that will make the Easter bunny proud.
This one was first posted April 3, 2014, however, I am posting with some new information.
Bunny Bait Snack Mix
This easy to make recipe is perfect for the kids to help with as well. Have them do the shaking of the powdered sugar mixture as that part is super fun! This snack mix would also be great served with our carrot cookies made from Nutter Butters and our Cadbury milkshake recipe. Yummy! But, for now, let’s get to the Easter muddy buddies recipe.
Bunny Bait Recipe
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 bag Easter M and M candies
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Then line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute then stir. Continue microwaving in 30-second intervals and stirring in between until the mixture is completely melted.
- Once melted, add vanilla and stir well.
- Pour the peanut butter and chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently mix until the cereal is completely coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-gallon ziplock bag and add the confectioner’s sugar. Seal the bag and then shake until all the cereal is coated. This is a great place to get the kids involved in the recipe.
- Spread the cereal out onto the baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle M and M candies and mini marshmallows throughout the cereal.
- Once cool, be sure to store in an airtight container.
So, will you make up a batch of bunny bait with your little one this spring? They are going to love diving into a big bowl of this Easter snack mix. And I know that you are going to love it too!
If you have never had muddy buddies, they are amazing and delicious. Basically the perfect snack any time of the day. I like creating different mixes for different holidays. Use the same basic recipe but change up the colors of the additional candies you add. Then you have a whole new snack mix for a different holiday or event.
Enjoy these Easter muddy buddies with your family and friends. Bet you can’t eat just one handful! I know I can’t! I guess it is a good thing that this recipe makes a huge batch.
I mean, doesn’t this bunny bait look amazing! I might need to get the ingredients to make another batch because my mouth is watering. Enjoy and have an amazing Easter!