I really, really love cheesy Valentines — and if it’s a pun, that’s even better! I love receiving them, I love giving them, but most of all I love coming up with them. So, yes, “I soda like you” a lot! This cute punny Valentine is perfect for giving out at school, but adults can definitely share this one as well. I made this easy Valentine’s Day craft using the writing feature on my Cricut, but those with better handwriting than me can definitely free-hand it.
Looking for more Valentine ideas? Check out the links at the bottom of this post!
Make your own cheesy Valentines
I chose to use my Cricut machine because I didn’t trust myself (or my handwriting) to free-hand my own cheesy Valentine’s Day message. If you are a handletter pro or a calligraphy master, skip the Cricut steps and make your own messages!
Some links below may be affiliate links, which means that you do not pay anymore but a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- White card stock
- Cricut cutting machine
- Cricut Pen in Red
- “I Soda Like You” Cricut file (Click here for your FREE download!)
- Mini soda cans
NOTE: Curious to see the difference between Cricut machines? I compared the Cricut Maker and Explore here!
How to make your cheesy Valentines
Everyone will love these cheesy Valentines and what a fun way to let them know that you “soda” like them.
Step 1: Access the Cricut file
NOTE: New to Cricut and Design Space? Be sure to download our free beginner’s guide here!
Step 2: Point and click
Then literally all you have to do is click make it; the Cricut will do the rest. The reason I love the writing function of my Cricut is that my hand writing is frankly not the best. I would never try to hand letter something like this. Putting it my Cricut allows me to give a gift like these cheesy Valentines without actually having to do any writing. Now that is a win-win!
Step 3: Fit to soda cans
The file will draw the saying first then cut out wraps that fit mini soda cans. Just remove any excess from around your wraps once complete.
Step 4: Tape to finish
Then remove each wrap from the mat, wrap around the can, and secure with a bit of tape.
Have a Valentine’s Day crafting party!
- Make your own cards. There are so many great cheese Valentines cards out there — both with and without the puns. These cute llama and truck cards are always a huge hit, and they’re both super easy to make. After all, handmade cards are the best cards, right?
- Create Valentine’s Day decor. You know me, I’m always looking for an excuse to make new decorations for my home! What can I say, I love to change things up and enjoy the festivities all year around. If you want to put some Valentine’s Day charm in your house this year, try this beautiful rustic sign with a love quote or make your own Valentine wreath to hang on your door.
- Craft some fun gifts. Valentine’s Day gifts should always be fun, simple, and heartfelt — but that doesn’t meant they have to be expensive or even store-bought. Make a sugar scrub or homemade beauty products for your friends, and let the kids make Valentine heart boxes to add treats to later!
So, tell us, who will you be giving one of these fun Valentines to this year? Let us know in the comments! For now, I am off to think up more cheesy Valentines because it’s what I love best.
Do you want more Valentine ideas? We have them for you! I am partnering with 100 Directions, 30 Minute Crafts, and some other bloggers all week to bring you amazing Valentine projects that you can make with your Cricut. So keep an eye out on the blog for even more crafts! In the meantime, try your hand at some of my all-time favorite Valentine’s Day crafts.
- Mason Jar Vase
- Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies
- Hot Chocolate in a Jar
- EOS Lip Balm Valentine’s Day Card
- Valentine Cookies: Lady Bug Covered Oreos
Want to print the instructions for making these easy, cheesy Valentines? You can use the card below!
- Start by downloading the cheesy valentines Cricut file, then add the fine point blade as well as a red pen to your machine. Finally, add 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock to your mat.
- Then literally all you have to do is click make it; the Cricut will do the rest. The reason I love the writing function of my Cricut is that my hand writing is frankly not the best — I would never try to hand letter something like this!
- The file will draw the saying first then cut out wraps that fit mini soda cans. Just remove any excess from around your wraps once complete.
- Then remove each wrap from the mat, wrap around the can, and secure with a bit of tape.
- Repeat these steps for as many cheesy Valentines you want to make!
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!